• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone fish too?

ZOTE soap will catch catfish, I'm not saying it's a power bait by any means, but if you're in a pench for bait it will work.
Screenshot_20200714-100838_Messages.jpg
Don't you just love my floppy hat , Lol!
5 lbs 8 oz.
If you're wondering about Sherri baby at the top, that's what I've called my wife since I met her.

I have heard that spoiled grain in 50 lb burlap sacks works good. Take the sack and put it into a clean garbage can spray with water and cover for a couple of days when it smells like vinegar or sour mash it is ready. Weigh it down give a little time and the fishing will be improved.
There is a location on the Ohio river where grain is loaded onto barges and there are some big fish there at six mile island.

G W , I use rabbit pellets , #1 fairly cheap , # 2 my wife has a pet rabbit ! :whistle::LOL: ( So even Cheaper ) . When Salt H2O fishing for Flounder , I use a lead weighted cage ( size of Coffee can ) & give a shake once in a while , for Cat fish , I just grab a hand full & toss them in . Works for the " Stocked Trout " here also , considering that's how they are fed @ the Hatchery ( But Illegal ) ;) . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! leo

We have put rabbit dung in with the grain and it seems to add to the draw.
For carp we take Fraken Berry breakfast cereal, packets of strawberry jello, and big red soda and mix into a stiff paste. Form around the hooks and hang on for carp central.

Last edited:
That's what those boys at Sardis lake use, sour grain. I've read somewhere a sour grain concoction that someone swears by, it sounded like it was pretty pungent when it was ready. But I can't remember where I saw it. I'm sure there's at least a dozen on the web somewhere.
I have been in boats where we were taking a sack for deployment. When we pulled the lid off several members threw up. I was not one of the sick ones surprisingly.

Back in my 20's when I Tournament Tuna Fished on the Big Boat , we would pay the kid's @ the dock to chop the Frozen Chum in Short Beer cases a few bucks . Pick the best Kid , get his Parents permission & take them out w/ us . Seemed like every year would have that " Chum " that sat in the barrel in the sun for a few weeks , ( That always worked best to start ) , have the kid pop that lid & tell him " Start Chumming " . I still don't know what worked best ? The stuff rotting in the barrel ? Or what that poor kid would contribute after he opened it ! :whistle::LOL: I think about it now ... I might have been a " Little Demented " for laughing . :X3: Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.