• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone fish too?

When I get home from work ,heading back to the lake. This time I'm gonna try using Zote soap. Anyone tried it? I hear tell old timers used it. Last days off at the lake we had a hard time catching bait with perch traps and casting nets. So the guy in the camp next to me went to Walmart and bought some Zote soap, (pink bars) and baited out his jug lines with it, said he'd let me know how it worked. The first time with 20 jugs set out he caught 9 catfish, the second day he caught 13. So that's good enough for me to give it a shot, I'm still going to try and catch my bait, but gonna experiment with Zote soap among some other homemade daugh baits. just wondering what some others on the forum have used to catch fish.

When I get home from work ,heading back to the lake. This time I'm gonna try using Zote soap. Anyone tried it? I hear tell old timers used it. Last days off at the lake we had a hard time catching bait with perch traps and casting nets. So the guy in the camp next to me went to Walmart and bought some Zote soap, (pink bars) and baited out his jug lines with it, said he'd let me know how it worked. The first time with 20 jugs set out he caught 9 catfish, the second day he caught 13. So that's good enough for me to give it a shot, I'm still going to try and catch my bait, but gonna experiment with Zote soap among some other homemade daugh baits. just wondering what some others on the forum have used to catch fish.

I’ve heard that one plenty of times. Be damned funny it really worked.

Zote, Fels Naptha, and Ivory.

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
I’ve heard that one plenty of times. Be damned funny it really worked.

Zote, Fels Naptha, and Ivory.

I'm gonna try Slowmover, I'll be sure and post results, may even make a video, maybe maybe not, I'm not what you call photogenic. If you want to have a bad family picture, just add me. I look like the odd one out, its always HORRIBLE!

Got my perch trap baited and set out, and six bars of Zote soap. We're gonna see if it catches catfish.
20200710_221512.jpg

G W , I use rabbit pellets , #1 fairly cheap , # 2 my wife has a pet rabbit ! :whistle::LOL: ( So even Cheaper ) . When Salt H2O fishing for Flounder , I use a lead weighted cage ( size of Coffee can ) & give a shake once in a while , for Cat fish , I just grab a hand full & toss them in . Works for the " Stocked Trout " here also , considering that's how they are fed @ the Hatchery ( But Illegal ) ;) . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! leo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.