• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone getting snow?

I do remember some snowy winters from late 70's and up. Ridin those old sled with the carb shooting fuel and or flames at your stomach! We have been lucky this year for minimal snow to move around and deal with in general.
A lot of people around here use to get together in a group and haul their sleds to Old Forge NY to ride their trails. It was a money making business. Now I rarely see a sled out around here but that doesn't mean next winter couldn't give us a slammer. I'll never part with my equipment until I'm ready to be what they call a Snow Bird.

A lot of people around here use to get together in a group and haul their sleds to Old Forge NY to ride their trails. It was a money making business. Now I rarely see a sled out around here but that doesn't mean next winter couldn't give us a slammer. I'll never part with my equipment until I'm ready to be what they call a Snow Bird.

Getting another 10-15cm today...had to blow out the path to one of my wood piles.

20230129_111425.jpg

20230129_111437.jpg

From Piseco here. A long way from now. At 75 years old now in Florida. Some times I miss New York. Then some times I'm glad to be away from the state of politics and TAXES. Don't worry there will be snow again this old earth goes through cycles. As I remember a couple winters there it didn't snow until January. I do remember a 1935 Chevy going through the ice in February back around 195??

From Piseco here. A long way from now. At 75 years old now in Florida. Some times I miss New York. Then some times I'm glad to be away from the state of politics and TAXES. Don't worry there will be snow again this old earth goes through cycles. As I remember a couple winters there it didn't snow until January. I do remember a 1935 Chevy going through the ice in February back around 195??
I'm only 40 miles from the NY border. Had a lot of Good Times in that state.

After discharge from the Army. while at Spartan school in Tulsa Ok. I seen cars parked in the middle of intersections nobody around and the intersection polished in ice. I drove 4 blocks on the side walk (nobody out walking either) to get around the parked cars. I would get up in the morning throw on the snow tires go to school then put the summer tires on at school and drive to work at a gas station. I was very poor back then so I didn't want to ware out my snow treads on bare road. While working in Tulsa we had people lined up to the two bays getting CHAINS installed to make it home or to work LOL. The last and only time I use chains was in North Carolina driving to Mt. Mitchel for Motorola.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.