• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone know about ranching?

Do not allow any one to name you future meals. I pen raised one and named it Steak and Roast. It keeps the kids from getting sentimental with your groceries.
Only made that mistake once. Bought a piglet. My wife named it Piglet. That was 8 years ago. Damm thing follows her around like a Dog. Second mistake I made teaching the wife to Shoot. That bitch is deadly. I am scared to butcher piglet. Lol.

I'm reasonably sure I caught sight of a big cat about a mile and a half east of here a number of years ago. Supposedly there are none in Kansas. I've heard stories third hand of someone shooting one and in short order a game warden showed up. A few years back a neighbor lost some calves from a pasture in the section kitty-corner across the cross-road. Supposedly one was found in a tree which hinted at a cat.

The worst trouble we had were with stray dogs years back attacking the bucket fed calves and killing a couple.

Reactions: 357magnum
In many places in the US, where there are deer - there are mountain lions. We had one spotted last week about a half a block away. My dog doesn't take kindly to those cats. There are too many deer around here, so the cat came out of the hills to get one.
It is unfortunate that as we develop land for housing, shopping centers, and industry we displace the critters along with the apex predators too. The cats are just following the food source. It becomes very dangerous for the people and especially children. A hungry cat would take a young child because it would be an easy meal.
We had packs of abandon dogs prowling around the farm and we spent many hours bring them under control. We would call our game warden in advance of a night hunt for feral dogs so he would not break his neck chasing what might be poachers. We were on a first name basis with all of the LEO's in the area. We took photos of all of the dogs killed and checked for collars. People would pull up and toss a tame dog out the vehicle and speed off.
If you don't want your dog any more take them to a no kill shelter instead of being incredibly irresponsible and letting an animal out that is as dangerous as a wild wolf if they get accepted by a pack. Other wise the pack will just kill them.

Only made that mistake once. Bought a piglet. My wife named it Piglet. That was 8 years ago. Damm thing follows her around like a Dog. Second mistake I made teaching the wife to Shoot. That bitch is deadly. I am scared to butcher piglet. Lol.
Time to take out the firing pins! My wife was a LEO for 29 years and she knew how to shoot before we met. She is brutal at times!

We have a growing cat population now here in RI , I see them from time to time . The rumor is the state transplanted a few to control the deer population . But they deny it , but after hunting for over 40 years and never seeing them it makes you wonder ? I've seen Mountain Lions, Bob Cat's and Lynx's just in the last 10 years.

Reactions: Tallman
We have a growing cat population now here in RI , I see them from time to time . The rumor is the state transplanted a few to control the deer population . But they deny it , but after hunting for over 40 years and never seeing them it makes you wonder ? I've seen Mountain Lions, Bob Cat's and Lynx's just in the last 10 years.
Mountain Lions are ghost in the forest. You never even know that they are there until it is too late. For ambush predators concealment is paramount, and they are very good at it.

Actually Tallman , I've never had the pleasure of meeting him in the woods ( Just as well ) but always crossing the road in almost the same spot but the closest I've ever been was @ 50-75yds . Same place where I see many deer , turkey and quail cross . Hmmm .... I wonder why ?:)

Reactions: Tallman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.