• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone know about ranching?

That could just be the "Golden Finger" of Trump effect. Will the prices stay there? How much did it drop before it went up 17%. If it dropped 50% it will take significant gains to get back where it started.

Beefalo was a big hit here in Ri , Until our tenant @ the farm let them cross breed so much the herd went to ..... ! We tried to tell him cull the herd but some people know more than you ! :LOL: But if managed right the meat is awesome .jmo

The best thing about Beefalo is that they fatten up nicely on pasture grasses. That's part of the Hybrid-Vigor you get when you do a proper breeding program.
They use to classify cross breeds like that as "F-1" as long as both mates were registered pure breeds.

Reactions: Robb and 357magnum
So Right , Tallman ! Like said in a prior post , I'm glad he started it ! I enjoyed it for sure so nice re-mincing . I know the post will die out soon . 73 and God Bless ! Leo

Reactions: Tallman
One thing I can add. Youj will work your ass off for very litte monetary gain. You wiil start a hour before sun up and quit when the days work is done. find a good wife who can toss a bale of hay.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I might make a pen in the back yard for a calf this spring to fatten up for the freezer. Of course we have a lot of deer in the woods out back and they take a lot less effort to raise.
Oh ok. Know what you mean about the Deer could shoot 15 a day from my kitchen window if I wished. You might check with your local ranchers they will most likley sell you half or whole if you are just looking for meat. It will most likely be the same price or cheaper than raising one. If you get one for yourself just make sure the family does not grow attached to it.

Last edited:
Oh ok. Know what you mean about the Deer could shoot 15 a day from my kitchen window if I wished. You might check with your local ranchers they will most likley sell you half or whole if you are just looking for meat. It will most likely be the same price or cheaper than raising one. If you get one for yourself just make sure the family does not grow attached to it.
Do not allow any one to name you future meals. I pen raised one and named it Steak and Roast. It keeps the kids from getting sentimental with your groceries.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.