• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 6666 new

Maybe get a red devil Mic for it but got to find my antenna mount first can't find it so far
Good deal, as far as the red devil goes I wouldn't bother as the radio is a 6 pin to start with and we had the mic discussion on another thread if you find it. Seems the stock mic, although not pleasant to some is the best match and there's plenty of audio already present but maybe someone else has discovered another candidate. The stock mic works really well once you get used to the light and small feel of it. I went in and put a piece of felt between the element and the front cover of the mic and it seems to have resolved the pffff as some call it or the sensitivity of what it picks up. Some say talking across rather than towards it works best. My biggest kick was its size compared to what were used to in the states, you can define tell it's origins are from Asia not meaning that in any way as derogatory towards asia. You know most of us Americans as a whole prefer the suv rather than the subcompact cars as an analogy.

Good deal, as far as the red devil goes I wouldn't bother as the radio is a 6 pin to start with and we had the mic discussion on another thread if you find it. Seems the stock mic, although not pleasant to some is the best match and there's plenty of audio already present but maybe someone else has discovered another candidate. The stock mic works really well once you get used to the light and small feel of it. I went in and put a piece of felt between the element and the front cover of the mic and it seems to have resolved the pffff as some call it or the sensitivity of what it picks up. Some say talking across rather than towards it works best. My biggest kick was its size compared to what were used to in the states, you can define tell it's origins are from Asia not meaning that in any way as derogatory towards asia. You know most of us Americans as a whole prefer the suv rather than the subcompact cars as an analogy.
Ok will try it out if it works good then I'll leave it on.

Reactions: Eldorado828
Well had to order a new antenna Mount couldn't find mine guess when I moved 4 years ago it got lost.So when new mount gets here I'll try her out maybe later I might send her out get the max mod put in and get 2030+ put in.Do you know of anyone that's good with these radios

my2995dx,
Don't believe all of the Youtube videos you see. They just want to separate you from your money.
It will run fine just as it is and it is not and never will be a 1000 watt amplifier.

Good Luck.

David

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.