• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ANYTONE 6666

W9cll I will say it receives very well and has a Hi Cut to get rid of the static if it bothers you. I just like that it's a small chassis radio with tons of features that you can control through the menu on the front, no need to take the covers off at all unless you just want to see whats in there. I would rate it right up there with the Optima and that is by far the best radio I have used in years but with the 6666 the stock mic does a great job nothing else needed.

Still have a few left 290 to your door with insurance and signature. PM me for any other questions. Thank You

Attachments

• anytone 6666 here 7-15-14.jpg
    anytone 6666 here 7-15-14.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 5
I have an early "prototype" sample with all the faults. Mine seems fine on audio receive but has the 'buzz' on SSB. The RF gain cuts out too early but I leave mine open all the way most times on all my rigs. Easy to use and I get good audio reports with good signals locally out to over 30 miles. DX was to Brazil and reports were 5x5 plus. Mic needs a bit more punch but is good as stock
After long use I did not notice the heatsink getting hot so I feel it will be stable in the long run. I did have a problem with the receive frequency being off a bit from transmit but locking to two (clarifier, receive and transmit) together solved that problem, may be just an adjustment.... but where?
The production units have most if not all these 'hickups' solved. Some reviewers feel this is just a Lincoln II in a different box, well it may come from the same place but pretty much different.

73 Rod KB8DNS

Reactions: 1 person
The USB is wanting to use a different port. I've seen this before, but have to remember how to change.

Why didn't you keep one for yourself? Is it a turd?

Been playing with this radio for several hours...

Been listening mostly, waiting for locals to get in tonight. Band conditions are crap today, so no skip contacts. I like the looks and layout.

I just got in from running the AT-6666 in my mobile. YUCK!!! it blows in a mobile environment. NB is very poor and has very slow attack time. Very very noisy. Back in the shack it goes!

Receive is slightly lower in comparison to my 94HP, Optima and 2950. The menu system is easy to navigate. I just need to make some local and LD contacts.

Been playing with this radio for several hours...

Been listening mostly, waiting for locals to get in tonight. Band conditions are crap today, so no skip contacts. I like the looks and layout.

I just got in from running the AT-6666 in my mobile. YUCK!!! it blows in a mobile environment. NB is very poor and has very slow attack time. Very very noisy. Back in the shack it goes!

Receive is slightly lower in comparison to my 94HP, Optima and 2950. The menu system is easy to navigate. I just need to make some local and LD contacts.

I have not run mine in the mobile but only in the shack. I do have some noises in the shack or locally in the area around my hose, the NB seems to knock much of the down but is not good at any crackle type noises like power line noise....

73 mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.