• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 6666

Mark A Bradley

Mar 22, 2019
Or just look at the date it was posted.
I know what he is trying to say,S5tuck in the Mud. I own a Anytone AT-6666, and it is going back today or tomorrow. The audio, and the 50 Watts of power is more like a stock mike and 3 Watts of power. These radios area nice piece of equipment, but this is the second one I tried ,and apparently, no third try.
Has a terrible sounding Modulation, and the more power you give the radio, the worse it gets, sounds like your overdriving a Amplifier.
So, STUCK IN THE MUD, throw that radio in the mud, the Rig looks nice, but the performance is garbage.
Hope I am not out of step, but this is the way it is, Thank you for Posting my answer, at to all, a good day.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

TIN_CAN

Nov 23, 2011
I know what he is trying to say,S5tuck in the Mud. I own a Anytone AT-6666, and it is going back today or tomorrow. The audio, and the 50 Watts of power is more like a stock mike and 3 Watts of power. These radios area nice piece of equipment, but this is the second one I tried ,and apparently, no third try.
Has a terrible sounding Modulation, and the more power you give the radio, the worse it gets, sounds like your overdriving a Amplifier.
So, STUCK IN THE MUD, throw that radio in the mud, the Rig looks nice, but the performance is garbage.
Hope I am not out of step, but this is the way it is, Thank you for Posting my answer, at to all, a good day.

Mabey you got a bad apple? I have 2 of them and a ss9900 and they all work and sound great with the stock mic.

Shadetree Mechanic

808 On The North Side of Dover
Oct 23, 2017
The First State (Delaware)
I have a 6666 and it is a great rig, transmit sounds real clean. The receive has too much hiss to listen to comfortably. This radio was out of the box, so maybe an alignment would help. Or maybe there is a way to do the alignment so you end up with less noise, I am not sure.

Reactions: TheRATT and TIN_CAN

WECSOG

Jan 1, 2020
I have one too, and it works great for me. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that you can't do channel steps while being able to see the freq you're on. I have a new Lincoln II+ that I'm probably going to put in my truck to replace the quad 6, primarily for that reason.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    on the connector with the green wire, if you short that to a nearby black wire, the power supply will turn on. (for use as a bench supply or whatever)
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    And IIRC, the purple wire is -12VDC, but that is from memory and it does not serve.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    So if you need, say, 7v, connect + to the Yellow wire and - to the Red wire.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    or or you need 9v connect + to the yellow wire and - to the orange wire. note: not all PSU's have the orange wire nowadays, as many manufactures had the voltage regulation on the motherboard, and all the power supply gives is 12 vdc
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Thanks ROB will check it out!~!! got to clean the work bench a little make room for that big case :)