• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone Ares 2

I'm speculating here, but I'm thinking it's going to be a software thing. You can already change some settings via software. (R. Beep tones, ctcss, etc) the right program may be able to adjust other settings.
Not by software, Some people who knows how to do it, but can’t share how to do it yet confirmed that to enter the engineering menu is by a combination of Mic buttons, ptt and the switches on the radio have a certain position… I’m just waiting to see if someone posts how to do it… The radio definitely needs some adjustments..

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Not by software, Some people who knows how to do it, but can’t share how to do it yet confirmed that to enter the engineering menu is by a combination of Mic buttons, ptt and the switches on the radio have a certain position… I’m just waiting to see if someone posts how to do it… The radio definitely needs some adjustments..
What specific adjustments do you think it needs?

What specific adjustments do you think it
What specific adjustments do you think it needs
Am is under modulated, SSB ALC
What specific adjustments do you think it needs?
AM is under modulated, needs adjustment, SSB ALC needs to be adjusted, FM deviation … At least on my radio is like you have to scream at it. I’ve seen a few videos where the radio needs adjustments on AM and FM..

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
AM is under modulated, needs adjustment, SSB ALC needs to be adjusted, FM deviation … At least on my radio is like you have to scream at it. I’ve seen a few videos where the radio needs adjustments on AM and FM..
Yep, the 'normal' Anytone radio alignment could help an ARES II in the same way it helps a AT-5555Nii. It can improve things a little, but not a lot, because they are generally quite good as they are. The normal procedure is (as you touched on):

- Lower the SSB drive (ALC) for a clean 2-tone on the scope
- Increase AM modulation to 100% (ish)
- Increase FM Dev to around 3k, which is the "normal" dev level I see that works on both 2.5k (NFM) and 5k (FM) systems with good results.

My ARES II out of the box is pretty good everywhere, with nothing done to it. It could probably do with some minor adjustments (as above), but it is still performing well for me. It is not a huge AM talker / big swing radio... But it is very clean with solid performance (I keep NPC OFF). I use FM and SSB mostly, with very good reports. At lest on my radio, there would only be minor gains to be had (I guess we need to wait and see if the alignment information becomes available in the future).

I am happy to report that this radio is the winner that we were all hoping for. The switches on the front have the things you need. Except Roger beep is in the menu, not a big deal, I don't usually use it. Out of the box, it does 45w in every mode. Even FM, be careful with that, I wonder how much heat that would generate? It has a real channel selector that doesn't skip. It has DSP noise reduction for tx and rx and they are independently adjustable without going into the menu. Anytone set the bar really high with this one.

IMG_20230529_172124221_HDR.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated