• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

finally got a mobile antenna (Wilson 1000) and some proper 10 gauge wire. got the 5555n II installed. was banging my head against the wall why the weather stations weren't coming in on my K40. K40 has a matching capacitor that blocks the weather band. Wilson has no cap and receives weather stations very well.

went up to High Point State Park NJ today. skip was rollin. noise floor was not even on the meter! that is until a van life van rolled up with solar, and 7dB of hash! x_x snuck up to the monument to get away from the hash. made a couple contacts on 27.385 LSB, one of which was central FL. :) skip was in and out all day today. got a good signal/audio report from a fellow NJ operator. was running about 20W.

next i think is a portable antenna. so much RF noise in my neigborhood, i'm not going to bother with a base antenna until i'm in my new house out in the country.

have a good weekend all

Wait wait wait!! You have to understand, this radio is now a "LesComm 5555N 3" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Total Bull $hit!! Go in and change out a few perfectly good parts, wave his magic wand over it, turn the power up too high and, wham bam thank you ma'am!
Sir, that will be 499.00 plus tax plus shipping. And by the way, there is no warranty, so when it dies, just toss it in the trash can and come see me for another.

But ya know, he's just making a living. So I'm just going to say.... his customers.....? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Edit - This is too funny!! On his site in the Legal Section he talks about this being his " Intellectual Property" and basically, you can't use it or steal it. Ummm, excuse me! You just took a company's Intellectual property and totally screwed it up and now selling it as a LessComm product!
This dud has some balls!

Last edited:
Wait wait wait!! You have to understand, this radio is now a "LesComm 5555N 3" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Total Bull $hit!! Go in and change out a few perfectly good parts, wave his magic wand over it, turn the power up too high and, wham bam thank you ma'am!
Sir, that will be 499.00 plus tax plus shipping. And by the way, there is no warranty, so when it dies, just toss it in the trash can and come see me for another.

But ya know, he's just making a living. So I'm just going to say.... his customers.....? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Edit - This is too funny!! On his site in the Legal Section he talks about this being his " Intellectual Property" and basically, you can't use it or steal it. Ummm, excuse me! You just took a company's Intellectual property and totally screwed it up and now selling it as a LessComm product!
This dud has some balls!
Kinda reminds you of another guy doesn't it? I wonder if a Faraday Cage was injured in that video!

JD

I know techs like this make their living that way but with so much information available on these rigs, you'd think buyers would see that these mods are unnecessary. Web search this radio and this wwdx thread pops right up with many reviews and information on how well this rig performs as is.

It's just crazy..... 5 huns and all you get is a few not needed cap changes with the rig... and a video I guess.
IMG_20230708_221140.gif

Several of us have this rig or a variant and most all of us agree that they are a great radio.

Then I see this and wonder why they think this is necessary.

Lots of power, but I wonder how clear/clean the signal and modulation is. I've seen videos where the power gets cranked up but then the radio sounds like a bag of festering elephant droppings.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.