• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

Lots of power, but I wonder how clear/clean the signal and modulation is. I've seen videos where the power gets cranked up but then the radio sounds like a bag of festering elephant droppings.
Same story as with every radio..... Squeeze every drop and ignore the compromise.

For 5 hundred bones.... Yeah sure I'll pay for that!

I just don't understand why someone would take a perfectly good radio and do THIS to it. Is this some sort of mental illness going on? I'm asking this with all sincerity! I don't believe you would spend $$ on a new car and treat it like this, would you?
Honestly, I'm at a loss for words.... RIP - Q5N2

You can see it at the link below. "Evaluation for Bryan"

Last edited:
Question has anyone tried the DigiMike on the Q5N2? A friend that I never know which radio he might be on one day to the next was on his Lincoln this morning and the quality of his audio was immediately noticeable. Turns out he was using the DigiMike. I was really impressed

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Question has anyone tried the DigiMike on the Q5N2? A friend that I never know which radio he might be on one day to the next was on his Lincoln this morning and the quality of his audio was immediately noticeable. Turns out he was using the DigiMike. I was really impressed
really need a thinking face 'like' emoji! anyway, at least a couple of us are wondering the same thing in the Digi Mic thread.

Also, does anybody know if this mic will work on the Anytone radios with six pin such as Quad 6?

thanks for that.

here is the pinout from the manual.

View attachment 63687

and the pinout of the SS9900 (same as quad6) according to Eldorado828
View attachment 63688

at best you would need to re-wire it. at worst it may still not work. i dunno

Attachments

• 1692033561546.jpeg
    1692033561546.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Buffalo
Good question but the radio itself already has NR. Although the appearance and feel of the stock mic aren't appealing to many of us, the audio produced through the mic is hard to beat with that radio.
Have you tried using NR is Tx mode with the stock mic?
I get lots of compliments on the audio using the stock mic so I actually switched back from the modded 104m6 I had used for a while. Maybe I'll try the NR function on TX and see if audio reports change any.

Now I'd really be interested in how it works with the quad 6.

The rj45 only uses 3 pins, rx is not used. Voltage for the stock electret is provided through the audio pin so you SHOULD NOT use any power mic with the radio in el mode.View attachment 62063
Does anyone know for sure if this is the correct pinout for the microphone jack? I'm hoping to get an adapter for this radio that will let me use digital modes like FT8.

Does anyone know for sure if this is the correct pinout for the microphone jack? I'm hoping to get an adapter for this radio that will let me use digital modes like FT8.
That is the correct rj45 pinout, I've made a couple adapters for it and the 25mc. It's the same as the 25mc that you can find of the Stryker website.

Good question but the radio itself already has NR. Although the appearance and feel of the stock mic aren't appealing to many of us, the audio produced through the mic is hard to beat with that radio.
Have you tried using NR is Tx mode with the stock mic?
I get lots of compliments on the audio using the stock mic so I actually switched back from the modded 104m6 I had used for a while. Maybe I'll try the NR function on TX and see if audio reports change any.

Now I'd really be interested in how it works with the quad 6.
I got CRT SS 9900 from Mike that was align by him and did connect Digimike with that radio ( same as 6666 with small difference), I made video what's inside and attached two links in my description, One from Scott's Radios and another from 390 Wagon Master showing some info about President DIGIMIKE. So far my CRT with digimike for my car is the best setup, literally at least once a day I get question what do I run in the car because it sounds good. One drawback is that channel buttons will not work properly for CRT and most likely 6666. resistor values are different for president radios so down channel makes chanel go up on my CRT and up channel will do nothing. not a big deal for me since feels pretty good in the hand and In my opinion kicks ass with my CRT radio. I am looking into the microphone how to make channels to go up and down. Maybe I be able to do it . I connected Digimike microphone with adapter to my 5555N II that I had for KPO microphone and Digimike wouldn't work with it. Didn't have time to mess with it but on the other hand we have NRC build in the radio so I decided not to mess with it and keep my KPO microphone with 5555, works good for me and I keep nrc at level 1or 2. link for video below. not to professional but it's for people that like to see some stuff visually. Microphone is done with SMD technology so it's major pain in the a... to solder anything to it and make some changes, plus no way to get diagram for it either. I only tested Digimike with talk back ,you can see how sensitive it is compare to stock.73. WR0767.

I got CRT SS 9900 from Mike that was align by him and did connect Digimike with that radio ( same as 6666 with small difference), I made video what's inside and attached two links in my description, One from Scott's Radios and another from 390 Wagon Master showing some info about President DIGIMIKE. So far my CRT with digimike for my car is the best setup, literally at least once a day I get question what do I run in the car because it sounds good. One drawback is that channel buttons will not work properly for CRT and most likely 6666. resistor values are different for president radios so down channel makes chanel go up on my CRT and up channel will do nothing. not a big deal for me since feels pretty good in the hand and In my opinion kicks ass with my CRT radio. I am looking into the microphone how to make channels to go up and down. Maybe I be able to do it . I connected Digimike microphone with adapter to my 5555N II that I had for KPO microphone and Digimike wouldn't work with it. Didn't have time to mess with it but on the other hand we have NRC build in the radio so I decided not to mess with it and keep my KPO microphone with 5555, works good for me and I keep nrc at level 1or 2. link for video below. not to professional but it's for people that like to see some stuff visually. Microphone is done with SMD technology so it's major pain in the a... to solder anything to it and make some changes, plus no way to get diagram for it either. I only tested Digimike with talk back ,you can see how sensitive it is compare to stock.73. WR0767.

The channel buttons also are used to set the NRC level, but another member here said that the NRC button can be used to cycle through the different NRC levels.

That being the case, you can modify the channel buttons to work with your Q6/CRT9900.

There are 2 pins for each channel button. Look carefully and determine if one of the pins goes to ground - if so, then this gets even easier. Isolate the other pin from the trace it is soldered to and do this:

Channel Up = pin 2 PTT>3.9k resistor>Channel Up button>ground
Channel Down = pin 2 PTT>2.2k resistor>Channel Down button>ground

If neither of the 2 pins go to ground, then all 4 channel button pins will need to be isolated.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldorado828
The channel buttons also are used to set the NRC level, but another member here said that the NRC button can be used to cycle through the different NRC levels.

That being the case, you can modify the channel buttons to work with your Q6/CRT9900.

There are 2 pins for each channel button. Look carefully and determine if one of the pins goes to ground - if so, then this gets even easier. Isolate the other pin from the trace it is soldered to and do this:

If neither of the 2 pins go to ground, then all 4 channel button pins will need to be isolated.

Good Luck

Good Luck
I did that with KPO microphone. I added switches to it and put those resistors for up,down channels. It was exactly as easy as you mentioned. switch is grounding signal when pressed and channel will change depends through which resistor we grounding the signal. Problem with Digimike is from what I see is that signal from NRC/channel micro switches goes to microprocessor in the board (SMD tech) and then correct voltage signal goes to radio. I see bunch of tiny SMD size resistors at the board but that's a major pain in the neck to work with . I added 2.2 kohm at the back of channel UP switch and it work half a time because signals got mixed, if I remove signal leg from that switch from the board it will change channels but then I am loosing nrc Up signal from that switch, which is I guess fine because down NRC button works and you can cycle functions with that switch only . It's fun to figure things out . signal for both channels are going to the same wire, there may be up and down separate signal coming from the MicroChip and then goes through correct resistor to change channel. Little complicated. I was gonna add extra switches just for that but microphone is small and not much room for extra switches . Anyway thanks for the input maybe someone will figure this one out before I do. At least one button works for now and changes channels up so I can use that from time to time. 73.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.