• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

Hi PEZ , just so you know you are NOT the only one to have the adjacent channel rejection problem I have the same thing with mine . I think I was one of the 1st on this forum to own the 5555n2 and have had that problem from the start I just live with it . As you say the radio is so good you can just overlook some things .
Yes, it's a minor annoyance really, the sort of thing that many people probably wouldn't even notice. The rig is a keeper, regardless of this!

I just can't get my rig into service mode. If anyone has actually got a 7900V into service mode, please let me know how!

Hey all - I have just received my new CRT SS7900V. I have many other SSB rigs to compare this with, and overall, WOW - what a fantastic radio! Never before have I seen an "export radio" so well sorted out straight from the box, and ready for actual for "Ham" use too. It is in a different league. (Also note that the 7900V does not need internal modifications (no jumpers / no white wire snip), to open 12m-10m mode. It is done via a simple front panel button press, which is not an option that the AT5555n II has. (They have different firmware).

RX DSP is amazing. Sensitivity is great. Power output is on the money. NB actually works. Dead on frequency. It's a joy to use!

The only negatives so far:

- Adjacent channel rejection on SSB is not great. You can hear strong stations across a reasonable frequency range, down in the noise floor (around 50Khz at a guess) - To be clear - this is NOT RX overload/distortion. It sounds a lot more like some internal signal imaging / internal mixing harmonics that are causing this to occur. Weak images of the fundamental frequency, appearing either side of the desired signal (an SDR I/Q phasing issue perhaps??!) It's minor, but it's there if you listen for it.

- FM Deviation is slightly lower than I would like. (AM, and SSB really drive well). (I don't think I have seen FM DEV in the service alignment menu?)

- The Channel selector knob is very clicky - Hey @ANYTONE @CRT - please remove the clicker - or give us a smooth(er) VFO / rotary encoder! This radio deserves it!

- Feature request: It would be good if the radio remembered its previous MODE setting, per BAND. At the moment, it's a global setting (i.e, its the same (last used) mode on all bands, which is annoying because different bands tend to use different modes!)

Otherwise, this rig is fantastic.

What I am hoping for, is proper alignment / service menu information for the V2 radios to become available. (FM Deviation, and RX suppression settings, anyone?)
I wonder if there is a factory service alignment software available for these radios? If so its not available now, however the chances of it existing are high. Keep your eyes open!

How is everyone else going with adjacent channel rejection now, after having some time with the rig?

Man, I'd rather have the encoder that's a clicker instead of one that's a skipper like on the strykers or quad 6.

Hi PEZ , just so you know you are NOT the only one to have the adjacent channel rejection problem I have the same thing with mine . I think I was one of the 1st on this forum to own the 5555n2 and have had that problem from the start I just live with it . As you say the radio is so good you can just overlook some things .
Hey BigLou,

Can you please try something for me - can you please see what happens to the adjacent frequency rejection, when you turn NB (the noise blanker) ON and OFF?

I would be very interested in what you find.

Hey BigLou,

Can you please try something for me - can you please see what happens to the adjacent frequency rejection, when you turn NB (the noise blanker) ON and OFF?

I would be very interested in what you find.
An update on this:

The 'adjacent frequency rejection' issue that I mentioned is almost entirely due to the NB (Noise Blanker) feature being turned ON.

The NB works well on this radio, but the way this radio performs NB (at the IF level), causes the symptoms which sound like poor adjacent frequency rejection, but actually that's not really what it is!

The radio performs extremely well, with basically no adjacent frequency rejection issues when the NB is turned OFF.

So the solution is to know when to use, and when not the use the NB (Noise Blanker) on this radio. And all is well!

An update on this:

The 'adjacent frequency rejection' issue that I mentioned is almost entirely due to the NB (Noise Blanker) feature being turned ON.

The NB works well on this radio, but the way this radio performs NB (at the IF level), causes the symptoms which sound like poor adjacent frequency rejection, but actually that's not really what it is!

The radio performs extremely well, with basically no adjacent frequency rejection issues when the NB is turned OFF.

So the solution is to know when to use, and when not the use the NB (Noise Blanker) on this radio. And all is well!

I will try that , just not now we have T-storms now and 70% chance all week . It,s looking like no radio this week .

Reactions: Pez
I wish I could have found the N2 before I bought my 5555plus. I like the plus but I miss a continuous VFO. The 5555 Plus doesn't skip at all. My Quad 6 only skips if I make a mistake and like half click it or something.

Reactions: Eldorado828
I wish I could have found the N2 before I bought my 5555plus. I like the plus but I miss a continuous VFO. The 5555 Plus doesn't skip at all. My Quad 6 only skips if I make a mistake and like half click it or something.
I have a Top Gun Quad 5, a 5555 clone, and I like it a lot! One of my favorite features is the ability to program 60 channels per band with the software. Unfortunately it doesn't have the DSP feature of the newer versions, but I have a speaker for that! West Mountain CLRSPKR.

JD

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated