• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

Reactions: Brother DXer
I must say, after running a 5555NII since July, it is one of the nicest radios I have ever run in the truck! The controls that you normally use are well laid out, the display is excellent day or night. The RX with DSP is great. I get many unsolicited kudos on the AM audio (Astatic 636 with a touch of echo)!
As far as the perceived drawbacks.............
1) Mic connector-easily remedied with a $20 adapter that is readily available from eBay,Stryker,Walcott,etc.
2) Menu driven radio-for those that shy away from menu driven radios, this radio once you have talk back, mic gain, echo etc. set, is very easy to operate while driving. Changing channels is a snap. Nice and positive with NO skipping! Band change is a nice decent size button. This radio is much easier to operate, IMHO, than a Stryker 955 with all the controls shoehorned on to the front panel!
3) My only caution is when you slide between channels using the VFO feature it will mess up that channel that you were on, unless you put it back where it belongs when you are done. Minor detail!
I took the radio out of the truck for the past week so I could take the 6666 out for a spin. My 6666 is a great radio, although she's tuned a little hot! Swings almost 100 watts AM/SSB! The small controls made me miss the 5555NII! And I had to put the WM DSP speaker back in the truck! One you go DSP there's no going back!
Again, as I've said before, at this price point you can't go wrong! Anytone has produced a winner!

JD

hello all i ha a big problem with my anytone 5555n its was fine until 3 weeks ago. i have lost the ssb rcv side have not tested transmit on it the am/fm works fine. if i rcv on it it sounds like every one is 100miles away more or less buger all. i have tried the changing finals but thats fine. i do have a spear broken 5555n that will be usd for parts. 73's 41kk407/lwc407 does any one have a clue on the problem is. i do say i have a spear board for parts

hello all i ha a big problem with my anytone 5555n its was fine until 3 weeks ago. i have lost the ssb rcv side have not tested transmit on it the am/fm works fine. if i rcv on it it sounds like every one is 100miles away more or less buger all. i have tried the changing finals but thats fine. i do have a spear broken 5555n that will be usd for parts. 73's 41kk407/lwc407 does any one have a clue on the problem is. i do say i have a spear board for parts
Is it a Nii or and N?

Basic stuff that I need to say: make sure RFGain is all the way up, and SQUELCH is all the way down. Turn NR and NB OFF.

Plug in an external speaker.

Any RX when you do all of that?

Changing the finals??? That has nothing to do with your RX.

@undertaker , did you buy any radio from Scott's dude? Saw a video put up today for another radio and thought it may be for you.
sorry i got my one off amazon just over a year ago got stung for it big time. and it just out of warranty. plus im in nz. i have no money to buy another one thats why im asking i do have a half one that i want to use for parts to fix my non ssb problem. as i have a lend of a uniden grant 26/27 mhz until i get my one working.

just to add if its on ssb there is no gain even if its on full blast but i have up/down gain on am and fm but not sideband

sorry i got my one off amazon just over a year ago got stung for it big time. and it just out of warranty. plus im in nz. i have no money to buy another one thats why im asking i do have a half one that i want to use for parts to fix my non ssb problem. as i have a lend of a uniden grant 26/27 mhz untill i get my one working
You might start a new thread for your issue as this thread is for the newest version 5555N2 which shares only the outer shell with the one you have.
I'm sorry you've got a bad one my friend but maybe a new thread for that specific radio and issue can get you some answers.

P.s., @Pez was trying to give you a few tips in post #245

Reactions: Pez
You might start a new thread for your issue as this thread is for the newest version 5555N2 which shares only the outer shell with the one you have.
I'm sorry you've got a bad one my friend but maybe a new thread for that specific radio and issue can get you some answers.
oh ok sorry i did not have a clue that they stuck a new model out. going to make new post now thanks for heads up

I bought my second Zetagi from Scott's and I use it with the at-5555n2.
One word... WOW! This was one of the best decisions I've made recently!! I'll say no more, but will let you play with it.
One last thing? I keep the mic gain on the radio set to 36 and the Gain on the mic set at 5 or 6. Tone at 1 to 2.
I'm super excited for you!!! WooHoo...
Definitely let us know what you think.
73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.