• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone At-6666 Microphone plug wiring

Well folks I had been looking for the wiring (plug) info for this radio for quite some time and finally found what I was looking for. So for those who have also wanted to use a different mic here's what I found. This info is for the the CRT SS-9900 which is simply another rebadged at-6666. Hopefully this helps someone else. P.s. stay away from the center pin as it is 8 volts and you don't want magic smoke!

I found that out the hard way...lots of smoke from these little
After much debate about that stock mic on other threads and forums it was determined that it is a high impedance electret condenser mic. That would make sense to me because so many rigs are going that route nowadays, plus it would also explain why substituting a low impedance dynamic would sound inferior. Power dynamic mics will make up for the impedance difference, but IMO that’s not the route I would pursue. If noise cancelling is an issue, I would first try other more robust electret mics and / or mod them to decrease their sensitivity to background noise. Electret mics usually have a wider audio response by nature, therefore they sound more natural. Unfortunately it's that same wide audio frequency range that will pick up all the highs and low sounds in the background making it necessary to cut off some of that range in a noisy environment. A tailored mic covering only your vocal range is desirable in a noise canceling situation, otherwise I let the HiFi rule the day.

This video discusses the same thing as you have said about mismatched impedence.

Reactions: Eldorado828
I have one of these. It has high impedance. Should match up to what the radio requires. Going to try it with my AT6666.
  • NEW ProComm PSM4PM POWER microphone.
  • Compatible with Cobra, Galaxy, Uniden and others with 4 Pin microphone connector.
  • This microphone is well suited for mobile CB AM/SSB operation.
  • Provides AMPLIFIED voice clarity for maximum power.
  • Durable ABS housing in textured black finish with 9Ft microphone cord.
  • Frequency Response 300-6KHz, 1000 ohm impedance, 4 pin microphone plug wired for Cobra/Galaxy/Uniden radios (Pin1=Gnd, Pin2=Mic, Pin3=TX, Pin4=RX). Requires 9V battery (not included).

I also have the noise canceling/modulated version. Its also high impedance 1000 ohms.
Will try it out in my mobile with my AT6666 there.
Have to use a 4 to 6 pin adapter.

I have one of these. It has high impedance. Should match up to what the radio requires. Going to try it with my AT6666.
  • NEW ProComm PSM4PM POWER microphone.
  • Compatible with Cobra, Galaxy, Uniden and others with 4 Pin microphone connector.
  • This microphone is well suited for mobile CB AM/SSB operation.
  • Provides AMPLIFIED voice clarity for maximum power.
  • Durable ABS housing in textured black finish with 9Ft microphone cord.
  • Frequency Response 300-6KHz, 1000 ohm impedance, 4 pin microphone plug wired for Cobra/Galaxy/Uniden radios (Pin1=Gnd, Pin2=Mic, Pin3=TX, Pin4=RX). Requires 9V battery (not included).
I've seen those under different names. I see the aries technology 50043 is identical for a few bucks less. Looking forward to hearing your report, hopefully you're onto something!

Any thoughts on running a Mic with a compressor with the at-6666, was thinking of trying out a mfj-299.

Finally got around to wiring the mfj 299 to the 6666, used the yaesu port on the 299 and have the modulation on the radio set at 28 and with the output on the 299 set at 2 oclock position getting good reports with compessor set on low and medium, but high really picks up some background noise from the fan I use for my little amp. I have not really played with the eq side yet. So far seems to be working good, also thinking of trying out one of those Russian made equalizer with 8 bands and compressor with a few other non powered hand mics I have laying around, not sure if anyone else does it or not but I totally remove pin #6 on connector so there are no mistakes made. Anyone have experience with those ebay equalizer's?

CIMG0141.jpg

Ebay EQ
s-l500.jpg

Reactions: Slowmover
myn has the red wire pinched in several places inside the mic housing and it has also broken off inside the plug. the friggin plug wont come apart

Reactions: S&W357
I'm interested in wiring my Turner Plus 3 base mic to my quad 6 anytone.
I read in one of these replies said... stay away from the center pin its 8 volts. What is the 8 vts for??? what is it suppying voltage to???
I recently picked up an a wire base mic cord for this project because the Turner plus 3 is In need of a new cord... COUPLED with the idea I could tap into an unused 8 or 9 volt pin from an in radio ic chip... send it through the mic cord and wire it into the 9 volt battery position thus terminating the 9 volt battery... Never have to buy and change another one again.

I read in one of these replies said... stay away from the center pin its 8 volts. What is the 8 vts for??? what is it suppying voltage to???

I recently picked up an 8 wire mic cord for this project for 2 reasons, because the Turner plus 3 is In need of a new cord... COUPLED with the idea I could tap into an unused 8 or 9 volt pin from an in radio ic chip... send it through the mic cord and wire it into the 9 volt battery position... terminating the 9 volt battery. Never have to buy and change another one again.
So il ask again... What is the center pin 8 vts for??? what is it suppying voltage to???
Thanks

I recently picked up an 8 wire mic cord for this project for 2 reasons, because the Turner plus 3 is In need of a new cord... COUPLED with the idea I could tap into an unused 8 or 9 volt pin from an in radio ic chip... send it through the mic cord and wire it into the 9 volt battery position... terminating the 9 volt battery. Never have to buy and change another one again.
So il ask again... What is the center pin 8 vts for??? what is it suppying voltage to???
Thanks
It's for the electret mic element. The plus 3 only needs pwr for the amp circuit. You could tap the center pin and try to replace the battery.

I recently picked up an a wire base mic cord for this project because the Turner plus 3 is In need of a new cord... COUPLED with the idea I could tap into an unused 8 or 9 volt pin from an in radio ic chip... send it through the mic cord and wire it into the 9 volt battery position thus terminating the 9 volt battery... Never have to buy and change another one again.
You only need 3 wires for the mic to work (pins 1, 3, and 5). +1 (pin 6) if you want to eliminate the battery in the Turner.

Please follow the information in this post so you don't damage your Turner. There are 2 voltages coming out of the quad 6. 5v on the audio line pin 1 (to power the electret mic) and 8v on pin 6 (can be used to eliminate the battery).

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated