• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone At-6666 Microphone plug wiring

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
Well folks I had been looking for the wiring (plug) info for this radio for quite some time and finally found what I was looking for. So for those who have also wanted to use a different mic here's what I found. This info is for the the CRT SS-9900 which is simply another rebadged at-6666. Hopefully this helps someone else. P.s. stay away from the center pin as it is 8 volts and you don't want magic smoke!

Attachments

• SS9900_WIRING_MIC_CABLE.jpg
    SS9900_WIRING_MIC_CABLE.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 339

that is the same wiring as the uniden 880 and 980 radios. you just use pins 1,2,3 and 5 when hooking up another mic for this radio.

Reactions: TheRATT
I tried my anytone AT6666 with every microphone I own. The stock microphone sounds the best. I agree with The Ratt.

Exception. Heil PR-718 and Astatic 575-M6. I am told all other microphones sound terrible, and I am told it really does not sound much better with the two mentioned microphones. The radio will work decently with power microphones like the Road Devil but do not sound better than the stock microphone.

It sounds worse with a Astatic 636L, Road king RK56 and that is the old better sounding RK56 not the new barjan junk. Also SRA 98 sounds pretty bad also. These microphones are all tested using the same microphone adaptor.
I am sure we will hear that fine tune can make any microphone sound good on this radio but these are my findings.

I have the AT6666 radio and was going to use a RK56 mic since that is what I like. listened to the sound off another radio I use to see how the repair radio sounds. the RK56 was alright but the stock mic just had a crisper clearer sound listening to it on my back up radio. my back up radio is about 25 feet from my repair area and it has a large stereo speaker on it for a clear sound. my garage is a 30 X 50 foot building and the sound really gets loud in there with my back up radio. it does not cause any feed back from my repair area.
any way the stock mic is just cleaner sounding compared to the RK56 mic. in fact I use a RK56 on all my base radios and mobiles except for the AT6666. my back up radio sets behind a wall and on top of a ice box and it is detuned so it does not squeal when I key up my repair radios. when I was getting customers in for radio repairs they liked how I had it set up to listen to a radio I was working on.

I agree with all y'all! My best ears whether 4 miles or 20 miles away can tell if I have a different mic! I don't even tell them and they say, "OK, Ratt, what kind of mic are you on right now?"

AND I do dislike the ergonomics of the mic. I wish it weighed more and was a tad bigger (I was damned/gifted with big hands).

If anyone has something that just FEELs better with the same or better performance I'm buying!

213 Seattle!

I agree with all y'all! My best ears whether 4 miles or 20 miles away can tell if I have a different mic! I don't even tell them and they say, "OK, Ratt, what kind of mic are you on right now?"

AND I do dislike the ergonomics of the mic. I wish it weighed more and was a tad bigger (I was damned/gifted with big hands).

If anyone has something that just FEELs better with the same or better performance I'm buying!

213 Seattle!
Maybe someone has found or will find "the one" and share their's findings. Until then unless we've got the dough to shell out to guinea pig with then I'm afraid we'll be using a mic that sounds good but isn't very likable. If I'd of just hung on to one of the sl41's I have a feeling that mic might have been the one.

Reactions: TheRATT
What do you have in mind, evil genius? :) l cannot find any mic better than stock for this rig. I get shitty reports without even asking when I change mics!
The stock microphone from the Lincoln 2 is a little bit nicer than the stock Mic from the Anytone. The stock Mike from the cre 8900 sounds great also on the Anytone radio. There's some acoustic deficiencies with the molding of the stock at-6666 microphone housing that creates some weird sounds when air flows past the opening a certain way. The stock anytone element is great however.

You guys may want to open your mike and take a look inside. What I found on the new president microphones is that the element is completely covered in plastic - the front of it literally goes up against solid plastic. The little holes (openings) in the mic case are no where near the actual element. I removed my element and drilled holes and the mike sounds way less muffled now - however I found even before I did that mod it picked up too much road noise in the car - and after I drilled my holes it now picks up even more even with foam in the holes. As a base it's fantastic after my mod, but in the vehicle I use the Road Devil as it's noise cancelling and power mic and it booms on AM and SSB.

This is interesting. Is the stock mic a condenser mic? Or maybe it has something to do with an impedance mismatch?
After much debate about that stock mic on other threads and forums it was determined that it is a high impedance electret condenser mic. That would make sense to me because so many rigs are going that route nowadays, plus it would also explain why substituting a low impedance dynamic would sound inferior. Power dynamic mics will make up for the impedance difference, but IMO that’s not the route I would pursue. If noise cancelling is an issue, I would first try other more robust electret mics and / or mod them to decrease their sensitivity to background noise. Electret mics usually have a wider audio response by nature, therefore they sound more natural. Unfortunately it's that same wide audio frequency range that will pick up all the highs and low sounds in the background making it necessary to cut off some of that range in a noisy environment. A tailored mic covering only your vocal range is desirable in a noise canceling situation, otherwise I let the HiFi rule the day.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.