• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-6666 v3

the NPC / swing mod will work for the anytone quad 6, Stryker 955, Stryker 655, the anytone quad 5 and quad 5 end, it's all the same circuit. Cathode of 1N4148 signal diode to center pin of the a.m. regulator. I add a 47 ohm 2 watt resistor for slightly more peak, you can use up to a hundred ohm or more if you want to tighten the peak a bit. Solder the resistor to the anode and the other end of the resistor as pictured to the rear most solder joint which is the positive pin of a capacitor. Do not short the two or you will fry the PA stage. Heat shrink it and enjoy.
Thanks for this info. I just got a 6666 so I will be looking at this again.

FYI - the mod that TIM has the picture of is not the traditional NPC-RC MOD of paralleling C68/R74 with a diode & resistor. His mod has the added resistor soldered to the junction of R191/E14/D45 which is on the "other" side of R191 (15K). It does work, but is not in the traditional location of the NPC-RC. The actual correct location of the resistor connection is the junction of C68/R74/Q53/R191/C61. Unfortunately, there is no connection on the bottom of the board for that. TIM's mod uses the positive lead of E14 because it penetrates to the bottom of the board.

I did not do the NPC-RC or RWB mod on my AT-6666 (plenty of swing IMHO) which uses IRF520's in a 1x1x2 configuration. It also appears to have 13.8v on the finals in SSB mode.

I did do the NPC-RC & RWB mod on my Lincoln II+ (weak low power swing) since it uses FQP13N10's in a 1x2 configuration and does not have 13.8v on the finals. It really brings it alive and it swings as much as my AT-6666 now.

I did not do the NPC-RC or RWB mod on my AT-6666 (plenty of swing IMHO) which uses IRF520's in a 1x1x2 configuration. I

Without modification, 2.5 watt dead key would be how much true peak swing on the AT-6666?

Reason I am asking is because radio would be driving a straight four with Toshiba 2879.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I know I'm bring an old thread up to the surface, but after much searching, I can't seem to find an alignment procedure the Quad 6.

While I'd love to get an an entire procedure for a clean alignment.

I'm interested in TX freq adjustment for all modes. Would like to center one radio up well.
I have a few of these Q6's. One in my shop and a couple in my vehicles. The one in my shop (and the reason it stayed in my shop) is the furthest off freq by an annoying amount. And it's the only one (seen one other complaint while googling - but no solution) is makes a feed back audio squeal when its first turned on. The Talk back is off, seems either the talkback is firing up or the PA is firing up and using the speaker during start up (after the front panel knob is used to turn the radio on - before it knows it's a radio and fully booted).

Get the mic far enough away, and doesn't happen. Even with the volume all the way down, still happens. Seems this one radio is a bit funky.
Or us an external speaker far enough away, or have it off, doesn't happen.
Cover up the mic or play with positioning, and it changes the tone of the squeal.
Strange.

I bought the radios from an importer, warranty is straight with the Factory in China. Didn't want to bother to be honest.

Any thoughts on the squeal and a sharing an alignment procedure would be appreciated.

Bob

Info on these are sparse. I have one myself including the 9900.
We have some very knowledgeable indeviduals on this site that will chime in soon. Be patient.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.