• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-6666 v3

tnx, seen both the vid and that post on that other forum, but there's no technical backup in those posts of what does what and what.

Got it, thanks @Dr_DX.

Attachments

• 12700273390001.pdf
    161.9 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Eldorado828
Got it, thanks @Dr_DX.

Thank you very much! Geez, finding any tech info on these rigs is harder to find than hen's teeth !

Thank you @Dr_DX.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
The document from Dr_DX is titled "HAM MobileCom 1011". Might be more clues in that direction. I found a modification for SSB something?

So went through it all, that mod pix, was inserted in a discussion in those few posts in the thread about modulation. I haven't tried to translate the text notes on the pix. Just the post text. Went through the translation (Thanks google) on all the other pages. Nothing about alignment or documents. Near the end someone had the same question about the service menu and the defual settings , as the post someone linked to in an earlier post here just recently.

I should have learned some technical German instead of just the street slang for drinking and... ummm... other fun things.

Looks like it's a modification for SSB tuning (Umstimmung) that doesn't affect AM or FM. Which sounds like an "unlocked clarifier", but only on SSB. Could be for tuning the IF, though, to change the center of the SSB signal. I think it also kills auto squelch (ASQ) in SSB modes.

They do tell you to glue the wire down so vibration doesn't make it break at the solder joints, which was nice of them to do.

They add one transistor based on the part number given and the author says (I think) it's what he had on hand, so the it sounds like any transistor that's close in spec should do. The added transistor has it's collector connected to the component with the red dot, the emitter to the zero ohm resistor, and the wire connects the base to the collector of another transistor, shown in the picture. I can't tell if you're supposed to isolate any component leads before adding the transistor.

D'OH!

After a little more reading (slowly), this mod just turns off the auto squelch in SSB. That's it, that's all it does.
That's exactly what I got out of that one mod.. yes... There were earlier posts w/ complaints about the squelch performance. I thought there was another set of posts complaining about modulation. I might have confused that pix with a fix for that.

Well reporting back on the about 4 year old quad 6666 that is the primary go to.

This is the first of two quad 6 that I own and it's been the best ssb performer I've ever owned.

Now, the follow-up is
channel encoder is damn near becoming unusable. It's been finicky from day one and was for certain that it would be the weak point in this radio and it shows to be true. I've noticed that in the recent months it has started to get worse and after heavy use last night I think it's had it.

As common as these are nowadays, there has got to be someone out there with an encoder to replace these.

I'll continue to use it and changing channels via the mic but sure would like to repair it.

Anyone here know of a possible parts source?

Replying to myself here and hoping this could turn into a solution because the channel encoder can drive a guy nuts.

I'm thinking this might possibly be a compatible replacement for the quad 6. Am taking the jump and will report back.

I would be happy to provide pictures and the way I tune them up. Email me at tiny@tinyscbshop.com. The npc\rc modification and tune is similar to the ranger boards. Be forewarned that the proper mod is with a one end 9:14 or 1 in 4148 signal tired and a 100 ohm 2-watt resistor. While the mod can be done with only the diode for a higher yield in average Watts, I have it installed with a competition quad six that I can switch the mod in and out of the circuit.the radio is easily capable of producing pep wattage in excess of 100 Watts. I drive my 2 pill class c with the radio and yield close to 430 w. Pep, at 13.8 v. It makes a perfect driver for a class c-2 pill or idling along a 6 or 8 pill.shoot me that email and I'll try to get a response together sometime tomorrow. Long live CB tricks mirror sites! I hope Benny brings it back or whoever took it over. What a fantastic resource it was for the online manuals service manuals etc. A wealth of information that hopefully others downloaded before its demise.
Do you know where C569 is located if so can you take a picture of it? Thanks for the help

I actually swapped the coax from quad5N2 to the quad 6 today to give it a little spin. It's still a great Dx talking radio many qso on it today, one of the best I've ever owned.

In my opinion after years of use , with the proper tune they cruise right along without any mods.

I actually swapped the coax from quad5N2 to the quad 6 today to give it a little spin. It's still a great Dx talking radio many qso on it today, one of the best I've ever owned.

In my opinion after years of use , with the proper tune they cruise right along without any mods.
I am running the SS 9900 version of the 6666 in my pickup, so far not a problem and it's right out of the box.
This is a good chassis.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated