• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Are you really shocked?

You boys know why there are so many stupid cbers???? That's because there are so many stupid ass CB shops/techs out there telling people to do retarded CRAP to their radios that the few and i mean very very few good shops out hate dealing with them because of that very fact!!! You know whats worse than a stupid cber? A stupid CB tech!

I'm trying to be a adult about this and not let my fingers type what my brain is thinking but Master Chief that is a BULLSHIT comment you made and you know it! Since most of the hams that i have come in contact with over the years are arrogant ass'es who think that just because they have that ticket in there hands they are some how better then the rest of us means that most if not all of them are the same. Do you really think that just because one person in a group of people does you wrong in some way that the whole group is the same as that one individual? If so then you still have some growing up to do!

Master Chief said:
Would you agree or disagree that the drug culture has taken over the CB scene? I can tell you its that way here in Southern CA. The number of clean operators are overshadowed by the drug addicts and yes, they are a pain to work with. How was my statement out of line?

Drug culture ? Drunks and what nots ? how long you been around Chief ? .......20 years in this hobby and nothing has changed !! It's CB radio for God's sakes !! Clean operators !! ?? What do you conceder clean concerning CB radio ? Is it what comes out of a persons mouth ? or how the radio is tuned ? or both ? Since when has cb radio ever been clean ?? NEVER IN MY 20 YEARS !! You don't want to deal with the drug culture/drunks and what nots on a cb radio .......go somewhere else !! I bet any radio you own has many many channels in it !! CB radio ain't Burger King dude !! when it comes to having it your way , I mean ,sure you can have it your way , but good luck trying to clean it up !! Smuck !! Who the smuck wants to anyway !! ?? Not me !! I bet I talk to about 6 whole people on the cb radio nowadays !! The rest just amuse me with there bull_hit !! but that's there thing and don't care what they do ,it doesn't effect me in any way ,shape or form. Unless I feel the need to let it ....and then the jokes on me. )-: I know you know where IM at Chief , I agree with you to a degree , but those folks are not my cross to bear in life , what ? The dude that was blown up on his job and is totally mentally and physically smucked up who spends morning /noon and night on his cb radio ?? (I think he has more sence then most and he's smucked up !) The dude on his mountain who's also smucked up and waits for his next presciption and his SSI check to come in once a month , the brother in Fontana who's drunk 24 / 7 doing his cb thing ?? !! Big smucking deal here dude !! Those folks don't have anything to do with me on my cb !! Theres' always been handicaps and retires on the radio as far back as I can remember ,along with Welfare and SSI resepeants , all walks of life dude . Nothing has changed in my neck of the woods. CB love even still going strong from time to time , Peyton smucking place !! Drama baby !! if it wasn't for the drama , I doubt I wouldn't be very amused with my cb nowadays (-: . Cell phones !! ?? Whatever !! Truckers put this hobby on the map !! and as long as nothing changes , they will surely be the ones to erase it from that map if when the time should come. You got your clicks of $hit ,your know-it-alls , folks with nothing better then hate and discontent spewing out there mouths , nothing has changed , you find what works for you and you leave it at that , if you want to moan and groan about something you personally can not change ? be my guest..because the song remains the same. Look Chief , it seems to me that in one aspect of your hobby ,you enjoy this and I personally appreciate your know how and experiance , don't let that cetain element smuck with your balance.("They" ain't worth it dude) Yeap ! We are totally intitled to our own opinions .......in many cases......that's all they really are. Peace

No but im sure you hear the......im so sick of those CB monkeys bleeding over on all of my my expensive ham equipment i could scream comment.......or the im going to call the FCC on those truck drivers/ cbers because they are talking on those extra channels. The ironic thing i find so damn funny is that most hams started out with those high powered linears or with radios with those extra channel's at one time or another. I have heard many say that the main reason they got a ticket in the first place was to get away from all of the BS on cb radio but since they now have that ticket in there hands it immediately makes them better than the cbers/truckers who at one time they enjoyed talking to. You sale and service those illegal radios/amplifiers don't you Justin? If so then i can deduce by the "Funny, though, I've never heard "bird watts" "swing watts" "maul watts" or things like "if I'm bleeding 10 channels, it means I'm getting out" discussed on 40 meters" comment that you are in fact a ham op so then i guess that makes you part of the problem that so many hams complain about. Sounds like double standards to me!

And where do you think all of these terms that you spoke of came from in the first place? I never heard anything about "bird watts" ( you told me many times that was how you checked to power of your radios wh8ile i was waiting at your shop) "swing watts" ( Of the many radios you have done for me over the years they all had mad swing) "maul watts" until i started hanging out at cb shops! What do you think it is that causes the bleeding 10 channels effect that you also spoke of? It's cb techs that cause these problems in the first place. All of the modifications that cb techs do to radios in the name of "peak performance" only serve to line your pockets and make a perfectly good radio sound over modulated and distorted! If techs were in it for other then tring to make a buck then they would tell us stupid cbers/truckers the truth, That nothing more then a basic peak and tune was all you really needed. I dont remember anyone behind that TA truck stop ever saying that to me!

King Mudduck said:
You boys know why there are so many stupid cbers???? That's because there are so many stupid ass CB shops/techs out there telling people to do retarded CRAP to their radios that the few and I mean very very few good shops out hate dealing with them because of that very fact!!! You know what's worse than a stupid cber? A stupid CB tech!
Bill Good used to turn away business from people who came in and asked for "stupid". At some point he caved on his beliefs and gave them stupid all while laughing all the way to the bank. It's not the tech's fault the customer asks for "stupid". You can try to educate the galacticly stupid, but they don't learn! This forum is a great example of that! Not everyone is an idiot. Some people don't know and truly want to learn! Then you have the galacticly stupid amongst us. What can a tech do?

King Mudduck said:
but Master Chief that is a BULLSHIT comment you made and you know it! Since most of the hams that I have come in contact with over the years are arrogant ass'es who think that just because they have that ticket in their hands they are some how better then the rest of us means that most if not all of them are the same.
Its funny how you get mad at me when you falsely think that I'm lumping every CB'er into one category, yet you say "most if not all" hams are bad. This is called hypocrisy! I know some excellent CB radio operators! CB also has its share of jerks. I know some excellent HAM radio operators! HAM radio also has its share of jerks. Now here is the big difference; between the two radio services, the majority of the CB radio operators I see are drug addicts and jerks. I don't make the rules, but facts are facts. If you don't have the problem, GREAT! Come to California sometime! Even the great TollFree had his I-10K stolen from him by a drug addict who used it to buy....DRUGS! I hear them on the air and I've hung out at the radio store and I see what permeates on channel 17 and 23! Its not bullshit, its a fact! While ham radio has its share of arrogant assholes (and I know a few!), they are outweighed by the good people in the hobby!

King Mudduck said:
Do you really think that just because one person in a group of people does you wrong in some way that the whole group is the same as that one individual?
No, and when did I ever say that? Here is what I said:
"Besides, CB'ers are just stupid and a pain to work with! Not all of them, but most of them!" Its a cold hard fact, but a fact nonetheless.

Also, I do antenna and tower work. I have yet to get burned or "done wrong" by anyone. Mostly because I pick my customers and/or get paid FULL in advance! No problems!

Switch Kit said:
Master Chief said:
Would you agree or disagree that the drug culture has taken over the CB scene?

Drug culture ? Drunks and what nots ? how long you been around Chief ? .......20 years in this hobby and nothing has changed !! It's CB radio for God's sakes !!
30 years my good friend. Its interesting that you legitimize the drugs and the drunks by calling it "CB radio for God's sakes".

Switch Kit said:
Clean operators !! ?? What do you conceder clean concerning CB radio ? Is it what comes out of a persons mouth ? or how the radio is tuned ? or both ? Since when has cb radio ever been clean ?? NEVER IN MY 20 YEARS !!
Yes, BOTH! In the 70s, there was a group of radio operators who called themselves the "LF Group". LF stood for "lower frequency". They installed 20kc sliders in their 23 channel radios and operated on 26.945 LSB. Some used ham radios and others even had a complete Yaesu 101 set up with the 2100 amplifier. These people were good people who held pizza breaks. Although they were operating out of band, they ran good clean systems and treated everyone with respect. Even one of the FCC agents who raided the guy with the 2100 said it was a nice station.

In the 80's, I was a member of the Yankee International Sidebanders Club who operated on 27.355 LSB. As with the LF club, many ran ham radios. While channel 35 was a legal channel. It wasn't when the club started. Still, they ran CLEAN equipment and CLEAN mouths.

Channel 11 had a group of guys who all ran Browning Golden Eagles on AM. Another great group of guys who would help out anyone. Some became hams and have even passed on (Quick Silver). Some still talk on the CB.

There was another group of people on channel 24. We had get-togethers and pizza parties too. Not a trash mouth or over modulated fool in the bunch.

I guess you missed out in your 20 years in the hobby. We've met and I'm not a drug addict or trash mouth. Yet, I love to talk on the CB and learn as much as I educate about antennas. So see, you have seen both the bad and the good as recent as the last couple of months.

Switch Kit said:
You don't want to deal with the drug culture/drunks and what nots on a cb radio .......go somewhere else !!
Or, how about I choose who I want to associate with and who I don't. Remember, not EVERYONE is a jerk on CB!

Switch Kit said:
I bet any radio you own has many many channels in it !!
As I've said on here MANY times, my Cobra 2000 only has the original 40 channels. I do own an original Cobra 148 GTL-DX with the 3-bands and my original Cobra 148 GTL in the truck has extra frequencies, but seldom if ever gets used. As a matter of fact, I think I only use about 3 channels. So what's your point? Are you trying to confuse the legality of frequency usage with the stupidity of the operator?

Switch Kit said:
CB radio ain't Burger King dude !! when it comes to having it your way , I mean ,sure you can have it your way , but good luck trying to clean it up......snip......
I'm not trying to clean up anything. I just called a spade, a spade. Those who want to learn will, those who don't are stupid, just like any other uneducated society. Again, I don't make the rules. If someone takes offense to what I said, maybe they need to take a closer look in the mirror.

King Mudduck said:
No but im sure you hear the......im so sick of those CB monkeys bleeding over on all of my my expensive ham equipment i could scream comment.......or the im going to call the FCC on those truck drivers/ cbers because they are talking on those extra channels.
I don't hear these comments. I don't know a single ham who cares about illegal operation within the CB band or on the freeband frequencies. What I do hear is hams complaining about non-licensed operations WITHIN the ham bands. In this case, they have a legitimate complaint.

King Mudduck said:
The ironic thing i find so damn funny is that most hams started out with those high powered linears or with radios with those extra channel's at one time or another. I have heard many say that the main reason they got a ticket in the first place was to get away from all of the BS on cb radio but since they now have that ticket in their hands it immediately makes them better than the cbers/truckers who at one time they enjoyed talking to. You sale and service those illegal radios/amplifiers don't you Justin? If so then I can deduce by the "Funny, though, I've never heard "bird watts" "swing watts" "maul watts" or things like "if I'm bleeding 10 channels, it means I'm getting out" discussed on 40 meters" comment that you are in fact a ham op so then I guess that makes you part of the problem that so many hams complain about. Sounds like double standards to me!
I don't see the irony. If a person is a jerk, it doesn't matter what service he operates in. Those who shun other parts of the radio hobby are jerks and hypocrites, plane and simple.

You don't have to be a ham op to listen to the war zone on 40-meters, only participate in it if you hold the proper level of license. Justin has done more to educate the CB populous than any other tech I know. Even TollFree, with his multi-kilo watt station, talks about the differences of a clean set-up and a dirty one. In the end, its the operator who chooses how he/she will operate their station. But don't confuse spectral purity with an idiot operator!

King Mudduck said:
It's cb techs that cause these problems in the first place. All of the modifications that cb techs do to radios in the name of "peak performance" only serve to line your pockets and make a perfectly good radio sound over modulated and distorted!
My Cobra 2000 and 148 don't sound over modualted and distorted. They could if I choose to operate them that way. So could a factory ham radio. Don't blame the techs for the operation of the radio.

King Mudduck said:
If techs were in it for other then trying to make a buck then they would tell us stupid cbers/truckers the truth, that nothing more then a basic peak and tune was all you really needed. I don't remember anyone behind that TA truck stop ever saying that to me!
I've heard it, many times, and people STILL don't listen! Did you walk into the store and ask for stupid? Did you get what you asked for? If you were to drop the drive level and mic gain on your radio, would it operate correctly and sound good? Look in the mirror my friend.

This opens up a whole different can of worms also..... Define, "sounds good". I've heard some over modulated, distorting, shrilling signals and the other guy says, "Dude, you're load and sound awesome!" I'll tell them they are certainly "loud", but over modulated and distorted. They tell me to, "Chill out, this is CB!" All I can do is throw my hands up. Go figure................. :roll:

30 years my good friend. Its interesting that you make an excuse for the drugs and the drunks by calling it "CB radio for God's sakes".

I make no excuse for these people , NONE !! I don't care. There's just more to life "for me" then what goes on the cb radio. I personally have all the channels I need within the 40 channels. The rest is just your own opinions here Chief and the way you feel. 70s / 80s / 90's ......it's all changed !! It's history , most are gone and dead or done with the bull$hit or moved to a higher plato.(or so they would like to think) You either go with the flow or you go ,or you can stay around and bitch/moan and groan about the state of affairs in your cb's receive which I personally find to be a waste of ones breath because "they" don't give a ratts ass what you think anyway !! Sorry but True.
You said.......
I guess you missed out in your 20 years in the hobby. We've met and I'm not a drug addict or trash mouth. Yet, I love to talk on the CB and learn as much as I educate about antennas. So see, you have seen both the bad and the good as recent as the last couple of months.

Guessing is here say Chief .....You don't know me ,maybe of me, but you don't me. I personally don't care what you do concerning the cb radio or this Internet site. I think you just care a whole lot more then I care too , that's your business.
I even see the way you are out here , it just seems like you want it your way and I can only wish you the best of luck. I have seen both bad and good ? Yeap ! That's life , but then again IM not sure what your referring to and as far as IM concerned I doubt that it truly would matter to me much anyway.
You said ........
I'm not trying to clean up anything. I just called a spade, a spade. Those who want to learn will, those who don't are stupid, just like any other uneducated society. Again, I don't make the rules. If someone takes offense to what I said, maybe they need to take a closer look in the mirror.

Wow !! I honestly don't know who in the hell you think you are here Chief ?? Wow !! Dude ? You are totally full of yourself here ........What's up with that ? A spade a spade ? those who want to learn will and those that don't are stupid ?? Uneducated society ? Wow !! I totally feel a build up some major gas that needs to be released here , look in the mirror ? first off , no offence taken I assure you. I will say this much though , I met the enemy a very very long time ago Cheif , I certainly need not look closer in the mirror dude , been there done that and I made very good friends with that reflection a very long time ago. By the grace of the powers that be , I honestly feel it's you who should be taking a much closer look into that mirror you seem to be talking about here. Peace

Hey switch, you are all over the place. I don't think you even comprehend what I'm saying. Your comments contradict themselves so excuse me if I seem a bit confused.

Those who were offended need to look in the mirror. Were you offended?

I referenced my experience from the 70s, 80s, and 90s in response to your "nothing has changed" comment. Its clear that things on CB HAVE changed as you now seem to admit in your last post. From your own post its obvious that you missed out on this.

Who is bitching and moaning? I wasn't. I made a simple statement that for some reason, got under some people's skin.

I have never even commented on what you care about or what you don't. I have not commented on anything going my way either. Where are you getting this and where is your hostility coming from?

Let's see; I call a drug addict cb radio operator, a drug addict cb radio operator, and I'm full of myself? Did you think I was talking about you and is this why you are so hostile? If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, smells like a duck, its a DUCK!

Would you agree that an uneducated society is full of idiots?

I choose my words very carefully. I'm sure some people will take offense for some reason or the other, but that doesn't make what I said wrong. Think about that.

As far as looking in a mirror, I do that everyday! I'll ask myself if I'm part of the problem or part of the solution. I'll be the first person to say when I've made a mistake; this is just being honest. But let's also be honest by calling a spade a spade. Only a liberal would call a spade, a club.

What I said was plane and simple Chief , and I meant every word I said . You can contradict yourself all you want.(this is where your confusion comes in) I don't care what decade you quote , the disease was there and with any disease it only gets worse.(and it did) ((Nothing changes if nothing changes.)) Anyone constintley wanting things "there ways" in a situation where no change is in the evident future,tends to moan and groan about the state of affairs. If you really read what I wrote you will see where I said I wasn't offended. The truth of the matter is that I think you are and you should be. (but that is only according to me and I doubt you can even see that) Hostility ? Once again ,not on my part. Like you ,I believe what I want to believe and I don't look at people as stupid because they don't want to learn something according to someone else's belief , that's there business.They are responsable for themselves. With that , IM not going to tit for tat with you because I really don't see it going much further then it has. By all means , you may have your final say so. Peace

Switch Kit said:
I don't care what decade you quote , the disease was there and with any disease it only gets worse.
I never said people didn't do drugs way back when. What I said is that the majority of the operators were good. This is not the case today. No contradiction. Where are you getting that?

Switch Kit said:
Anyone constently wanting things "their way" in a situation where no change is in the evident future, tends to moan and groan about the state of affairs.
When have I ever said that I want all drug addicts off of radio or that I want people to run clean stations?

Switch Kit said:
If you really read what I wrote you will see where I said I wasn't offended. The truth of the matter is that I think you are and you should be. (but that is only according to me and I doubt you can even see that)
I saw that and again, you think I'm talking about you. I'm only talking about those who WERE offended. Since you were not offended, you don't apply here. I'm not offended and have yet to change my stance on this. I have spent a lot of time to try to explain it though.

Switch Kit said:
Hostility ? Once again, not on my part. Like you ,I believe what I want to believe and I don't look at people as stupid because they don't want to learn something according to someone else's belief
Well here is where you are missing the boat. I'm not asking people to believe what I believe. When I speak of "stupid", I'm talking about their desire to modify a radio in a way that is contrary to a good clean signal. I know some very smart people who still want to do "stupid" when it comes to CB.

Switch Kit said:
With that, I'm not going to tit for tat with you because I really don't see it going much further then it has. By all means, you may have your final say so.
Well, I appreciate the opportunity to explain myself and hopefully I've been able to make you understand. If not, then its my failure as I gave it my best shot. Thanks Switch!

" I've heard it, many times, and people STILL don't listen! Did you walk into the store and ask for stupid? Did you get what you asked for? If you were to drop the drive level and mic gain on your radio, would it operate correctly and sound good? Look in the mirror my friend. "

I never asked for a sorry sounding radio. I only ask them to do what needed to be done so that it would perform like it should, nothing more! I don't know of any one who goes into a shop and tells them that they want a really shitty sounding radio.

"I don't know a single ham who cares about illegal operation within the CB band or on the free band frequencies. What I do hear is hams complaining about non-licensed operations WITHIN the ham bands. In this case, they have a legitimate complaint."
>>And who do you think is is that pushes these radios to CB'ers and you still think that the cb community is the problem?<<

"My Cobra 2000 and 148 don't sound over modulated and distorted. They could if I choose to operate them that way. So could a factory ham radio. Don't blame the techs for the operation of the radio"
Also.....
This opens up a whole different can of worms also..... Define, "sounds good". I've heard some over modulated, distorting, shrilling signals and the other guy says, "Dude, you're load and sound awesome!" I'll tell them they are certainly "loud", but over modulated and distorted. They tell me to, "Chill out, this is CB!" All I can do is throw my hands up. Go figure.................
>>But if the tech did not do such a poor job on the radio in the first place then it would not matter because that would take the operator out of the equation for the most part. It would be a simple turn it on and talk! At one time i used my radios like i was told to ( super low key and mod kits) and i let techs do these mods to my radios because they said it would work best like that. If at that time i did not know any better and i trusted the techs to do the right thing its still my fault? <<

Master Chief wrote:This would explain why two shops are closing their doors. Besides, CB'ers are just stupid and a pain to work with! Not all of them, but most of them!

Master Chief now says to my comment: I don't see the irony. If a person is a jerk, it doesn't matter what service he operates in. Those who shun other parts of the radio hobby are jerks and hypocrites, plane and simple.

So now are you contradicting yourself?
As i said before, sounds like double standers to me........and that's all i have to say about that!

Folks, it's a sad reality but much of what MasterChief states is true. If you are one of those who wishes to learn and benefit with a fine sounding radio, you can learn a lot from a competent tech and a good internet forum. However, there are a bunch of idiot CB'rs out there who care little except what their meter shows, and many "techs" who state they're the best and sell their bullshit onto idiot CB'rs.

Note: Comment about Techs is not directed at any Tech here, a generic statement only.

Think about it. How many times on these forums have we heard "my Cobra 19's dead key is set at 12 watts, swinging 400.... can I run a Palomar 250? The tech removed my limiter and I run my mic gain wide open, but people say I am bleeding over channels.......do I even mention TVI?

Face the facts folks, there are far more idiots running CB radio than educated operators. Listen to your radio then make up your mind. If it doesn't apply, then don't take it personal and get pissed off. I've heard the best and worst out there, and sometimes it's down home nice, and the rest a nightmare on steroids be it nasty, fighting, or incredible missinformation.

What he speaks is true. Get over it.

Face the facts folks, there are far more idiots running CB radio than educated operators. Listen to your radio then make up your mind. If it doesn't apply, then don't take it personal and get pissed off. I've heard the best and worst out there, and sometimes it's down home nice, and the rest a nightmare on steroids be it nasty, fighting, or incredible missinformation.

What he speaks is true. Get over it.

idiots is rather harsh , but I can certainly accept that coming from someone else......it isn't my cross to bear , and you know what ? I DON'T CARE !! what Manny ,Moe or Jack are doing , I care about what IM doing. How God damned educated does one have to be to run a cb radio anyway !!(even the smarter ones break the law,What ? they just break it more cleanly then for say the idiots do? spare me the bull$hit !!) Who the hell cares how anybodies radio was tuned ? Educated Operators !! I read this just like the last thread , conceded comes to mine , "MY" way or the highway !! IM not better then anybody else out there , nor do I think I am , but I certainly don't stick around and pat myself on the back because I think otherwise . first off ,IM there in the first place , I'd guess to say the way others tend to think about that would make me an idiot as well ? SO BE IT !! at least IM not conceded and feel the need to have to have things my way concerning the cb radio operators at large !! Wow !! I have certainly heard my share of prideful ballons in my time. Get over it he says !! (-: You ever concidered a slice of humble pie or better yet , a dose of humility for a better way at living ? That's what seems to be the problem with so many , everybody simply seems to want to have there cake and eat it too,like they have this burning desire to run the show, well ,you might get your way once in a while but the way I see it , I think those that want it there ways will lose much more then they will ever win. So by all means , keep on truck'in baby !!I bet it's a comfort to know your not alone huh ? it sure is for me (-: Thank you so much for caring , not. (I am unique ........just like everybody else (-: ) Peace

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.