• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Are you really shocked?

I've experienced: "I need my CB radio peaked up, I bought it new.....and no one has been in it" As they look over your shoulder, I open it up only to find cracked/broken slugs (most common), diodes that have been clipped and re-soldered (looking for the right one), trimmers that have scratch marks on and around the slots......(metal screwdriver :roll: ) not to mention trying to explain about not clipping the modulation diode, resistor, or Q whatever (if it ain't bleeding 40 channels, it ain't getting out :roll: :roll: ) ....It got to the point that I sold most of my good test equipment (scope, signal generator,ect.). How many have heard " I'll pay ya the first of the month" then all of a sudden they become strangers. But there has been some that have asked "how much" I say 15 dollars, they hand me a 20 and tell me to keep the change......kinda rare though.

I'm a bit perplexed by Switch's responses. They are all over the place and really hard to follow! I did get this however......

Switch implies that I want people to operate "MY WAY". I never said that. Switch implies that hams are better than CBers. I never said that either.

What I did say is a spade is a spade no matter what service they operate in. I also said you will find more idiots in the CB service than in the ham service.

I will agree that bad mods performed by the "techs" were the chickens before the eggs, but will also go as far to say that those "techs" are not really techs at all; just another hack!

If you want to operate "stupid", so be it! Just don't get upset with me when I call you on it! Again, I never said you had to operate my way. Its your bed, now sleep in it.

This isn't arrogance or conceit! How could it be, we're not talking about me.

You basically get all you can from me Chief , the rest is for anyone else who might be able to make heads or tails out of it. IM not the best writter in the world (or speller for that matter) but I do for the most part mean everything IM attempting to say weather others have a hard time understanding it or not . Just like I said to Alsworld ,you can if you want apply that to yourself as well. We are surely different in our feelings and I honestly do not see that changing very soon. If it was something I honestly thought I needed to take a serious look at , I would be man enough to do so and admit if I were wrong , and I do not feel that way at this time. You are right about one thing , I am all over the place , but that's no offence meant to you or anyone else for that matter , it's basically like I have told a few along the way, By all means spare yourself and avoid reading my post and or ignore anything I have to say Chief ,IM not worth being perplexed over . Peace

Fair enough Switch! I liked you when we met, and I still like you! You confuse the hell out of me, but I know you are a good man with a true love for the hobby. Good enough for me!

Chief , It's just my opinion on things man ! Don't take it personal if you can . I don't agree with a lot of things about life, cb radio and what not. My personal experiance has just taken me to where I am today with it and how I chose to deal with it or feel about it. There are no big deals in this life unless we choose to have them. Peace

We are all our own individuals with our own personalities, but we share the same interest. That is what makes these internet forums great. The negative side is unless someone is extremely a gifted writer (which is not me), there is no voice inflection in words on the screen in front of you. We interpret ALL CAPS as "yelling", and exclamation points as typically negative. Seems unless you add some smiley faces, nobody see's a post as positive. I hate smiley faces personally. So, every post is open to interpretation... It's all good.

Man this world would sure be boring if we were all the same. We can attempt to divide each other all we want, but in the overall scheme of things, it's refreshing to see poeple still passionate about their hobby and able to freely express their opinion openly. I think our fore fathers did a pretty damn good job writing the 1st Amendment.

Now that I'm completely all over the place myself, I'll shut up. I'm far too talented at useless rambling....

Oh well this was a very wasted space that could have been used for something more constructive to the CB radio Hobie. So for that i apologize.

But in closing i would like to say thank you to all the CB rip off artist's out there, on the net or at the local trucks stops. ( if you take offence to this then i guess we all know what you are. ) Because of you i have taken the first of many steps down the path of learning to do my own radio work. At least this way i will know its done right! So for that i thank you.

Oh well this was a very wasted space that could have been used for something more constructive to the CB radio Hobie. So for that i apologize.

It was just a general discussion KM , thats what the topic was. I personally enjoyed it. I will agree with you though ,I would match rather do my own thing when it comes to radios , I tend to thank the same guy's I don't always agree with in other areas for helping me out when it comes to problems I may be having in other areas of this hobbie , meaning radios or amps and antenna's. We will never always agree on everything but I can surely appreciate others know how when it comes to other topics around these parts and other places. Peace

It was just a general discussion KM , that's what the topic was. I personally enjoyed it. I will agree with you though ,I would match rather do my own thing when it comes to radios , I tend to thank the same guy's I don't always agree with in other areas for helping me out when it comes to problems I may be having in other areas of this Hobie , meaning radios or amps and antenna's. We will never always agree on everything but I can surely appreciate others know how when it comes to other topics around these parts and other places.

True enough.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.