• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Are you really shocked?

Happy_Hamer

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2001
Unfortunately there should be NO shock with ANY CB shops closing,,,, do you think the demand for cb's are high anymore?

There are ham radio shops closing because of the lack of demand.

Cell phones are the "CB" of the future.

Why do you think radio shack is useless for cb or ham stuff anymore? CELL CELL CELL

I am Happy_Hamer and I approve this message :p

Justin owns Communications Experts. He also works for Frank at FG Best Communications.

(back when Bill and Gail Good owned the company, it was called "Best Communications". When Bill and Gail split, Frank bought into the company with Gail and it became FG Best for "Frank" and "Gail".)

Justin worked for FG Best for a short time when Bill was alive, and hired back on almost full time after Bill died.

This is only MY OPINION as I have yet to talk to Justin yet. I know Justin left FG Best for a short time when he was hired on at Vertex Standard (Yaesu) and only worked for FG Best on the weekends as well as his successful commercial and internet business (CE). This put FG Best in a minor jam as Justin is not easily replaceable. He ended up coming back to FG full time while still maintaining CE. With this new job and Justin even shutting his own doors, its possible that Frank and Gail finally decided to get out of the business. After all, they are loosing one of the best techs ever.

This would explain why two shops are closing their doors. Besides, CB'ers are just stupid and a pain to work with! Not all of them, but most of them!

Happy_Hamer said:
Cell phones are the "CB" of the future.:p

In preperation for the future, are you guys going to open a new Cell Phone forum?

Master Chief said:
Justin owns Communications Experts. He also works for Frank at FG Best Communications.

(back when Bill and Gail Good owned the company, it was called "Best Communications". When Bill and Gail split, Frank bought into the company with Gail and it became FG Best for "Frank" and "Gail".)

Justin worked for FG Best for a short time when Bill was alive, and hired back on almost full time after Bill died.

This is only MY OPINION as I have yet to talk to Justin yet. I know Justin left FG Best for a short time when he was hired on at Vertex Standard (Yaesu) and only worked for FG Best on the weekends as well as his successful commercial and internet business (CE). This put FG Best in a minor jam as Justin is not easily replaceable. He ended up coming back to FG full time while still maintaining CE. With this new job and Justin even shutting his own doors, its possible that Frank and Gail finally decided to get out of the business. After all, they are loosing one of the best techs ever.

This would explain why two shops are closing their doors. Besides, CB'ers are just stupid and a pain to work with! Not all of them, but most of them!

GAYLE? Right? not GAIL?
They split?
Didn't Frank marry Gayle?
I thought Bill died? That is a split? What did I miss?

Happy_Hamer said:
Unfortunately there should be NO shock with ANY CB shops closing,,,, do you think the demand for cb's are high anymore?

There are ham radio shops closing because of the lack of demand.

Cell phones are the "CB" of the future.

Why do you think radio shack is useless for cb or ham stuff anymore? CELL CELL CELL

I am Happy_Hamer and I approve this message :p
....Sad but true.....and also: "Radio Shack, you've got questions......we've got batteries" ;)

Would you agree or disagree that the drug culture has taken over the CB scene? I can tell you its that way here in Southern CA. The number of clean operators are overshadowed by the drug addicts and yes, they are a pain to work with. How was my statement out of line?

perhaps CB and Ham is fading..
those cell phones we all come to rely on are typiclly useless
when a crisis arises..

CB's and Ham radios are then liked and praised

Peddler said:
Master Chief said:
Besides, CB'ers are just stupid and a pain to work with! Not all of them, but most of them!

I think you're out of line with that statement.

Sadly, I agree with him 100%.
Sometimes the truth is the truth even if it hurts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.