• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AT-6666 MOBILE

Thanks for saying so. I'm excited to put it to the test. Wife is threatening to to wrap it and stick it under the tree. Fingers crossed she don't.
It came in today. . .
Now that's a threat can really make an impact, you best behave or looks like you might be waiting a little longer to put it to the test

Thanks for saying so. I'm excited to put it to the test. Wife is threatening to to wrap it and stick it under the tree. Fingers crossed she don't.
It came in today. . .
Grab the box without the radio and wrap it up real quick. Then tell her you did it to be able to put something under the tree. Make sure you tell her there is no radio in it. Unless you want to be in the dog house on Christmas day. Haha!

Reactions: NZ8N and Crawdad
It's still unwrapped. I think I'm winning the psych tug of war. Learning how from our new puppy (her Christmas gift).
20201212_101032.jpg

20201212_101740-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Hustler 1C-56 SWR plot.png
Those of you who do this may have found an antenna system that keeps them operational through the CB band and the popular lower SSB portion of the 10m band. Could you share your setup?
Hustler 1C-56 102 inch CB whip on a SSM-3 pot-belly spring and a MFJ-945E mobile tuner. The whip is resonant at 27.2 MHz, but the tuner can take it up to 29 MHz no problem, as a full-size quarter wave whip is fairly broadband. See the SWR plot above from a RigExpert analyzer, which shows the whip is about 2:1 SWR at 29.6 MHz without a tuner. Hustler also makes the 1C-56A "adjustable ferrule" whip, which you can cut to 29 MHz and then run a tuner when you want to go to 27 MHz.

Last edited:
Hustler 1C-56 102 inch CB whip on a SSM-3 pot-belly spring and a MFJ-945E mobile tuner. The whip is resonant at 27.2 MHz, but the tuner can take it up to 29 MHz
Yes this will "work" but remember the tuner is only fooling the radio and not the antenna. You will still have a very out of band antenna. I did something similar before I got the screwdrive, I used a 17 meter hamstick and used a LDG tuner to load it up on other bands. It worked but the screwdriver worked so much better both TX and RX

Two questions, Gary.
Is that a garage door your truck is parked in front of? Looks kinda small.
And what’s atop the the tower? :whistle:

It's still unwrapped. I think I'm winning the psych tug of war. Learning how from our new puppy (her Christmas gift).

Hey Homer,
Maybe if you keep hitting the newspaper she'll let you keep it out of the box:)

Two questions, Gary.
Is that a garage door your truck is parked in front of? Looks kinda small.
And what’s atop the the tower? :whistle:

Yep one of my garage doors. Truck fits nicely after I drop the antenna on my custom made Tilt-Over mount.
The tower has several antennas. 6 elements on 25 ft boom for 6 meters @45ft.
A Diamond F23H @48ft. : Diamond® Antenna ~ F23H Monoband Base Station Antenna
Both feed with LM400MAX coax.
Support ropes for various antennas: My Homebrew W8JK 80-15 meter "Phased" dipole array@45ft. (124ft wide 34ft spacing)
w8jk1.gif

Second rope for my 40/20/15m Half Square @35ft...that favors Africa/Europe.
That's tower #1 ...
SAM_0114.JPG

My wife is gifting me with a new AT-6666 for Christmas.

(y)
Yep one of my garage doors. Truck fits nicely after I drop the antenna on my custom made Tilt-Over mount.
The tower has several antennas. 6 elements on 25 ft boom for 6 meters @45ft.
A Diamond F23H @48ft. : Diamond® Antenna ~ F23H Monoband Base Station Antenna
Both feed with LM400MAX coax.
Support ropes for various antennas: My Homebrew W8JK 80-15 meter "Phased" dipole array@45ft. (124ft wide 34ft spacing)
View attachment 41996
Second rope for my 40/20/15m Half Square @35ft...that favors Africa/Europe.
That's tower #1 ...
View attachment 41998

Cool.
Looks fantastic! (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?