• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bad,fowl, vulgar Language on the CB

If Jerry (CW morse) really cared about the ham bands he would spend time on 75m and report violators there instead on worrying about the CB'ers. I hear crap on 75m EVERY day while almost NEVER hearing any CB'ers on the air around here.

can't argue with that Garth, there's a lot to be said for getting your own house in order before you start going round trying to sort out other peoples.

i just don't understand why someone who is so obviously engrossed in ham radio has such a hang up about cb, although i have met a few others like that too, both hams and cb'ers,

i think its more a love of shit stirring than really caring what hams or cb'ers are doing.

the constant posting of fcc citations of cb'ers is seriously sad at best, i dread to think what his neighbours think of him if he behaves the same way in his neighbourhood, i can already picture that curtain twitching 10 times per hour, such a sad shallow existence.

2. Section 95.410 (CB Rule 10) - Your CB station transmitter power output
must not exceed the following values under any conditions: AM (A3) - 4
watts (carrier power)

4 watts carrier power...hmmm

I only posted it because it was relevant to the topic. It's not like I am on here every day posting this stuff. You will notice it has been at least a year since I put something like that on here. It is just FACTS. It is a CB FORUM! Somebody complained about profane language, and I saw this one that was posted on another site (where I didn't even post, only read) and brought it here as a current topic. That's ALL! Sensitive, are we?

As to the insults, Not ONE of you knows a damn thing about me; all you can offer are speculative insults such as "retired from reality". You WISH you could be retired! Guess what! It's FUN! (y)

POOF!

Yes the radio these days has been polluted with foul language. Also if you listen to a CB around a truck stop, you will often hear truckers offering to sell you something, which is classified as a no-no in the rules. There's even a truck stop 18 miles north of where I live where a female operator will fire up her Stonewall Jackson radio and broadcast about the "Tripple A truck wash...for $XX.XX" I think the FCC is partly to blame as they seldom monitor the airwaves anymore.

And it's not in just radio either. The newer TV shows these days they are using every word on the air short of the F word and maybe the N word. Whatever happened to the days where TV shows were good wholesome fun for the entire family? The Andy Griffith show comes to mind here.

i was going to quote you cw morse but that is a sad use of my cpu resources, you really have to get a life mate.

did cb'ers rob your house, shit on your flower garden or rape your daughter or something? cause if not you have some serious issues mate.

i notice your location says retired, i can't help thinking the only place you've retired from is reality.

LOL this guy is also known as Gadfly on the trucker's report forums in the CB section. While I understand his disdain for any unlicensed operator to infringe on the 10 meter band via a flip on the band switch of an export radio, the fact that he groups all CB operators into redneckish southern drawl talking types with the "leenyars" and "ah gawts speshul raghts t' talk on tham thar extree channels yall heah" comments is pure ignorance.

Hey guys....I'm a newbie here, but a long time CB user, going back to the 70's and 80's. Anyway, I truck around the area and ya, Channel 19 is occasionally full of trucker talk. I've heard it all, but it comes and goes. The F word and such is pretty much daily conversation anymore. But....what I think is really the irritating part, and maybe what this thread was originally intended to mean, is areas where these people use their base stations and just aggravate and tie up Ch.19 to just piss off the truckers and create a nuisance, basically because they have nothing better to do.

Locally here, we have 3 base stations that just jib-jab all day, one that preaches the bible, one that is so drunk he'll key up and rant for two hours straight and mostly, the constant broadcast of sound effects, swearing, vulgar references, whistling, etc. etc. This went on yesterday for 9 hours straight in the area. We know where a few of them live too. But, what do you do?? FCC doesn't patrol anymore, cops don't care, and these idiots sure don't either. They have 39 other channels to go play on, and we wouldn't even care then.

Boils down to one thing...there's just no common courtesy or respect in our society anymore. And we wonder why things are the way they are.

Just wanted to jump in there and rant a bit. This is a pretty nice forum, a lot of info here. Have a great day! :laugh:

When you mean fowl language are you referring to chickens and turkeys clucking on the air?
:laugh: Once someone is read the riot act, they usually tone it down.....if that don't work ignoring them works every time.

Oh hell no. I wish I was 18 again, I had so much fun that I'd rather do it all again! Who rides the biggest roller coaster in the park only once and calls it a day?

I know your post is a couple of years old but knowing how things are, I feel sorry for the teenagers.

Hey guys....I'm a newbie here, but a long time CB user, going back to the 70's and 80's. Anyway, I truck around the area and ya, Channel 19 is occasionally full of trucker talk. I've heard it all, but it comes and goes. The F word and such is pretty much daily conversation anymore. But....what I think is really the irritating part, and maybe what this thread was originally intended to mean, is areas where these people use their base stations and just aggravate and tie up Ch.19 to just piss off the truckers and create a nuisance, basically because they have nothing better to do.

Locally here, we have 3 base stations that just jib-jab all day, one that preaches the bible, one that is so drunk he'll key up and rant for two hours straight and mostly, the constant broadcast of sound effects, swearing, vulgar references, whistling, etc. etc. This went on yesterday for 9 hours straight in the area. We know where a few of them live too. But, what do you do?? FCC doesn't patrol anymore, cops don't care, and these idiots sure don't either. They have 39 other channels to go play on, and we wouldn't even care then.

Boils down to one thing...there's just no common courtesy or respect in our society anymore. And we wonder why things are the way they are.

Just wanted to jump in there and rant a bit. This is a pretty nice forum, a lot of info here. Have a great day! :laugh:

We got some of those types also.
We have one that runs the government down all day long on channel 19 and then when his buddy gets of work, on goes their amps and then they chat with each other on 19 just waiting for a driver to say something about it or complain and then they start on the driver.
They do it just to aggrevate 'cause they got small minds and it's entertainment to them.
And if the drivers ignore them I think it pisses them off 'cause they enjoy aggrevating people on the radio and when someone don't say nothing when they poke at them then they feel denied.
Common courtesy and respect for people seems to be on the decline.
But what you are talking about is just a few individuals on the radio that are hiding behind their microphone.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.