• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bad,fowl, vulgar Language on the CB

Why is that?

Because you will be much happier.
After you get your 'ham' license you can eat all the ham you want without fear of the 'ham police' taking your ham away from you.
And everyone knows that eating lots of ham makes you happier......lol

I have found that there are two knobs on my radio that will filter out the profanity and such: One is the 'channel selector' knob and the other is the 'volume/on-off' control.

Ham Radio :

c7504d2d.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Even if the FCC were to crack down on blatant offenders,I don't think a certain number of operators could carry on a sentence without using profanity. Mankind is in a place of greater moral depravity. There are still those of us still hold the torch and are bench marks for others to see and be influenced by. I got my first radio(cb) right after you weren't required to have a license to operate on 11 meters. There was still this 'the man is looking over your shoulder'mindset. Where are the standard bearers today?

lol

I had a college educated boy once say to me "You use that kind of language because your uneducated" i simply replied "You have a college education and your still delivering pizzas"....I use vulgar language as expression of my emotions.When you really think about the philosophy behind obscene language it makes wonder you why its viewed as vulgarity at all.Of all the languages in the world of all the words used the words that are most offensive are the ones that expresses human emotion in many different ways.There should be no offense to expression that my friend is communism at work.Freedom of speech is freedom of speech thats my given right as a american dont like it change the channel.If you dont want to change the channel let me know it offends you and if i like you i will tone it down.As humans in the society we have created we have let others judge whats right and wrong and built a wall to protect ourselves from things that frankly dont matter.I would worry more about the man living next door to me and what he gets off to than what kind of language he uses.I actually promote expression amongst the children in my family.Art language expression.I got a 6 year old nephew who swears like a truck driver but hes one of the most friendly kids you will meet.Just because someone chooses words you dont agree with does that make them a lesser person?Its just means your living behind a wall that society has created and believe that mere words can tear down that protective enclosure.As one man here has said worry about someones fists.

You are free to speak as you wish however if you talk to me,I will ask you to refrain from such as that is offensive to me or I will disassociate myself from you. I have a right to surround myself with godly people who don't cuss.

There's a place and time for everything. If I'm working on the car and you are offended by bad language, you better not stand too close. But in society, surrounded by people you don't know, that's not the place or the time. It's common courtesy. Something that seems to be going the way of the dodo bird.

Reactions: 1 person
Profanity, it is said, is used by a person who has the inability to otherwise express themselves in a more acceptable manner.

Profanity is almost always a threat to someones emotional or physical well being. ( used to direct someone to do something or go somewhere that will cause them great displeasure )

It is also used to denegrates ones character or personality.

So, it is easy to understand why it is not well accpeted by some.

There's a place and time for everything. If I'm working on the car and you are offended by bad language, you better not stand too close. But in society, surrounded by people you don't know, that's not the place or the time. It's common courtesy. Something that seems to be going the way of the dodo bird.

That reminds me of the "Ono" bird.
Which is a little bird that has two inch legs but his testes hang down four inches and everytime he has to land he cries out "Oh No!!!"

Foul language vs. freedom of speech

From a believer's point of view,anything that differs from the Holy Bible is not clean

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 18

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.