• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Banned by CB Talk Radio Forum

DTB Radio

Sep 14, 2005
Carlisle, PA. USA
www.dtbradio.com
I just got an email this morning telling me that I have been banned from

Since I barely registered this past Friday, I guess I must have seriously ruffled some feathers. They apparently have banned my ISP's entire IP range, because any IP I happen to be using is blocked. They've even blocked me from contacting them to find out exactly why I was banned!

What I believe prompted them to ban me was me pointing out that one of their moderators (a poster who goes by BigBopper) has been plagiarising my site for many of his replies to modification questions. I had posted a couple friendly notes with links to the original page containing the mods he was copying and pasting, and their admin deleted the link. I then privately contacted their admin asking why they were removing the links, wondering if they were trying to keep their readers from knowing the truth. This note was sent yesterday, and today I'm banned. I guess that answers my question about whether they're trying to keep the truth from their readers!

Typical of that place. I got banned for trying to explain what an NMO mount was to a guy when no one else could. They really dont like to be wrong over there. Too bad for you too Dave......You could have learned how to "Hack" up a radio over there :LOL:

Dave,

Alot of that goes on at that forum. It is a place full of clowns nothing more. Unfortunately plagerising is all they know how to do.

Just sounds like the S.O.S.D.D. to me , You see DTB your only human like everybody else , You can ask Mole ,Justin and many others who got booted off 1 Stop for stating the facts , wasn't as if they dissed anybody , they like many others were only speaking the technical aspects of radios and other things involved. I personally have appreciated your help and know how over the last few years DTB , but I don't agree with everything you have to say either (and that usually has nothing to do with radios).Personal blacklists and finger pointing has never done a God Damned thing for me , Mans got to do what mans got to do and I can understand that.(I only need to keep my own house in order) I look at many other Forums as fronts for them to make money, hence 1 Stop and or Kopper electronics ect. ect. , it's there show and if we should decide to go in and play directors , chances are we won't be around for long. Does it make it fair ? more then likely not. But who's houses are we in anyway ? There's ! I think what happens is we tend to let those forum doors hit us in the asses on the way out and it hurts are prides or something along those lines. I've just noticed over the last few months what can happen when a Forum site and there members can pump somebody else up for what they do and then something happens that's not very kosher there after , just something else that has to be metanlly cleaned up by somebody else there after. Hopefully this can be a learning experiance for some ? This is STILL a fair Forum and or fairer then most , it's not a radio store and or a repair center and for the most part doesn't have to play games and shoot others down for there know how's or don't how's , we can agree to disagree. We can work it out or move on to the next post or thread within reason. One things for sure about these Internet Radio forums , what goes around tends to come around. I find it's usually Kosher to mind ones P's and Q's and basically worry about what's on there own plates rather then what's on everybody else's around them.

maybe T2W can entertain them for a while? That would be a worthy cause.

Say, I was wondering if he was still around? Anyone know? I have not heard anything about him a long while.

I also got Banned For something I did not even do on the site but while talking to the moderator on the telephone.
We should start a club or something a banned club. Ha Ha :p

DTB Radio said:
Speaking of C'opper, they won't even let me register over there, lol!

That's too funny. What's even funnier is watching the few people who DO have a clue over there overlook 808's totally erronous posts without saying a word! He's like some sort of sacred cow. Very strange. He won't even let you express a different OPINION, if it doesn't agree with his. The owners of that place ought to be ashamed, but I guess they think he's good for business. Throw him some free Magnum radios here and there to "review", and let him cheerlead for them. I think it's funny when he gets caught just posting the specs without actual testing, then has to go back and change the review when it is obvious he was lying.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.