• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BBi explains antennas. (put on your high boots)

For anyone still interested ...

I went here,
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Communication_Systems/Antennas

Found Hertzian Antennas...

If you look at the diagrams and then his

View attachment 25930

Then his ....
View attachment 25929

Hence the problem - now if we can only get him back to correcting it - instead of this entire thread - we may have salvaged another user from becoming an isolationist...

He drew "capacitive" effects - we just need to re-direct his efforts...

I don't think he wants to be corrected. In the past he's presented some cooky ideas like this to improve amplifiers based on his own theories. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS.

Reactions: Rwb
man this is an informative thread!

based upon all the good info here, i have made a couple of changes to my antenna system.

I took a hacksaw and cut my aluminum vertical right down the center. then i folded the two halves down to a perfect horizontal angle.

now my signal is coming out the ends of the antenna and my neighbors have never heard me so clearly!

they told my my audio was louder too!
LC

You stopped too soon! You need to split your coax too.

Got a friend who thinks the antenna works like a water hose. I had to stop the conversation. I just could not argue with stupid. It all comes out the end......the wrong end. For years would not install any bonding to his truck to improve ground plane, finally got him to do it......I'll be damned. He first thought I was trying to get him to put Bondo all over his truck.

sorry i forgot to mention the coax!

i drilled little holes all along its length effectively turning it in to ladder line so that there is no loss.
LC
DONT FORGET TO FREY THE WIRES OUT ON BOTH ENDS to insure a proper shortage

Reactions: loosecannon
That’s the greatest thing I’ve ever read, that 400 going up to my A99 WILL be full of hole tomorrow. Thanks for the great tid bit.
fix yours then scurry quickly to my house n fix my coax to my A 99 too please

I believe I just suffered another one of those dumbcussions but like Bernie Mack said, it makes sense like a... you figure the last word out.

I think BBI has a screw loose that's the guy told me to put the tuner in between my driver in the sb220 and I would get 2500 watts out of it what a joke.. come on Luke did not work...

He must be tge smart eletrician with the hole burned in the bottom part of his wire cutter pliers

In many basic electronics classes, ohms law is often demonstrated by using water flow charts that consist of different water pipe and tank configurations. In his case, maybe that method wasn’t such a great analogy. Possibly a more direct approach with a taser would have awakened him in class.

Reactions: Slowmover and Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?