• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Beginner ham antenna questions

Are you seeing output when you talk? Shouldn't the Carrier/ output control be clockwise for full power? it is on all my yasue ,icom ,kenwood radios. Counter clockwise is the lowest setting on all modes.

Are you seeing output when you talk? Shouldn't the Carrier/ output control be clockwise for full power? it is on all my yasue ,icom ,kenwood radios

This is a Kenwood TS130S...I was told that for CW carrier should be turned up and mic down, but for fone turn mic up and carrier all the way down. Is that incorrect? The guy I bought it from was almost exclusively a CW guy and may have been wrone on the carrier for fone...

I had a ts-130 about 30 radios ago and that is how I remember it. Just checked the manual on line and it does state effective on cw only. I might be wrong! I purchased mine second hand as well and it could have been modded.Either way turn it up and see what happens on the meter.

Just turn the power all the up, just like a regular volume control. Turn PROC off, those do more to harm your audio, than help. Once you contact someone without a CB ear, he can help you find the right mic gain setting.
Rich

Reactions: 1 person
OK...did some digging and found that the carrier knob is the power control but the meter is not calibrated to show power output. You have to use a power meter to see what you are putting out, which means...

I've been transmitting @ zero watts for two days. Explains a lot.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.