• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Beginner ham antenna questions

Yes and I just chased a group of DA truck drivers off 305(AM) (y)
That what calling CQ DX in CW with a KW for about 5 minutes will do(y)

Home sick today, man I feel like garbage...Doc's appt at 4:30...so I'll try and hangout till then...

RICH: Sorry about your PS...that does BITE...I just got a new one also, when MFJ started to act up. I bought one of those NEW ASTRON 50 AMP Switchers.
Nice supply
73 All going to the Lazy Boy recliner for a spell
All the Best
Gary

The last time it blew, it took out the rectifier. I bought several new ones, a little larger. Just opened up and cleaned it up. No physical signs of damage. I did have a smaller fuse it then called for. Maybe just got hot.
Rich

Yes and I just chased a group of DA truck drivers off 305(AM) (y)
That what calling CQ DX in CW with a KW for about 5 minutes will do(y)

jeez,......... I usually hear the Spanish speakers on .305 A.M.

when I feel like it, I turn the antenna South and call CQ for a while too

BTW: I just worked the W4O (IOTA NA 067) special event station on 28.460 SSB

Last edited:
My buddy and I used to talk on 305 locally to piss off the Hispanic CB'ers. Had one come on USB and tell us they use the frequency for am. Asked for his call, got none, so continued to operate over the outlaws.
Rich

Reactions: 1 person
Yes it's unfortunate we have to do things like that.
However if WE don't take back our band space...there's plenty of LIDS and outlaws that will use it for us....

Road Squawker:
"jeez,......... I usually hear the Spanish speakers on .305 A.M.

when I feel like it, I turn the antenna South and call CQ for a while too"

Off to see the Doc about this sore throat and chest issue...Must have picked this up from work...
73 All
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know if its any of y'all, but way, way in the background I'm hearing a little traffic on 305 that seems to be calling CQ...I've been answering (and calling myself) but nothing yet.

I'm really REALLY hoping my first contact is someone from here who has helped me so much OR the Ham I got the radio from...:D

I don't know if its any of y'all, but way, way in the background I'm hearing a little traffic on 305 that seems to be calling CQ...I've been answering (and calling myself) but nothing yet.

I'm really REALLY hoping my first contact is someone from here who has helped me so much OR the Ham I got the radio from...:D
I was down there on my way to work calling. It was around 12:30 my time today.

I can't get on right now, bummer, but I see two spots from az on 425 and 430. Both fairly new techs. Yes, it would nice for you work someone from here, but I think everyone would just happy with a reported contact that you made.
Rich

15 ,20 and 40 meters are hopping you need to get that dipole up.As for 10 , the solar flux is still rising, conditions will get better in the next few days. Hey I see you are now listed on QRZ we just need to get a few contacts in that log book for you.

15 ,20 and 40 meters are hopping you need to get that dipole up.As for 10 , the solar flux is still rising, conditions will get better in the next few days. Hey I see you are now listed on QRZ we just need to get a few contacts in that log book for you.

Getting the dipole up won't do any good on contacts until I get my upgrade...hopefully next month. It will be nice to be able to listen to something besides static and Todd though!...:headbang

Last edited:
I don't know if its any of y'all, but way, way in the background I'm hearing a little traffic on 305 that seems to be calling CQ../QUOTE]it

if ya heard some one "way in the background" ID ing with a "stroke 4" , it may have been me, I was callin and pointed in your direction..............

but,............. the band really is in bad shape.

BTW, why do you seem to monitor .425? there is nothing worth listening to there. most of us just ignore it

I have been using .425 longer than Todd, I just do not use it exclusively. I operate other bands as well. I like 425 because of where is located on the band. If I want to use ten, I check first to be sure he is not already there before I start. So monitoring 425, you might hear me. But Todd is good indicator of band conditions.
Rich

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.