• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Beginner ham antenna questions

A trick for listening to the lower bands on you 99 is to unscrew the pl259, then pull it part of the way out, so only the center pin makes contact.
Rich

Someone go to 28.425.0 and see if you can hear KC4TVZ...he's been doing that for over two hours. It reminds me of CB trolls...
Hahaha. That's Todd. The troll of 10 metres. I dont think he wants contacts, just a pain. I ise him to check to see if 10 metres is open or not. :)

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

I dont think he wants contacts, just a pain.

A couple hours ago someone tried answering him and got REALLY pissed when he wouldn't respond, just kept CQ'ing...cussed him out GOOD!

I probably would have too if it had been me...LOL...maybe its a good thing my call sign hasn't shown up on the database yet...hehehe.

I looked the call sign up. It doesn't exist. Where is he? I'm curious as to how good this Antron is listening.

...I looked the call sign up. It doesn't exist. Where is he?....

it depends on which call sign data base you look at.

certain data bases have deleted/modified his call because of his dumazz actions and comments.(y)

he is not far from you, around Atlanta,.... flower hill or sumpthin like that.

BTW,.... most of what you hear is a recording, there is a strong rumor, that sometimes he isn't even around the transmitter while it is playin the voice recorder message.

it depends on which call sign data base you look at.

FCC ULS. The one I'm waiting for my call sign to show up on.

he is not far from you, around Atlanta,.... flower hill or sumpthin like that.

Flowery Branch? My son and his wife live right by there. I may have to take a direction finding antenna with me the next time I go to visit and see my new granddaughter...hehehe

FCC ULS. Flowery Branch? .... I may have to take a direction finding antenna with me the next time I go to visit and see my new granddaughter...hehehe

no need to do that,... the ULS is public info

6415 Ivy Springs Drive
Flowery Branch, GA 30542

in fact, unless you have already taken action to use a P.O. Box, YOUR listed address from your license application will also show there

You are best to stay clear of Todd. I think he lets his station transmit while he is the little boys room. That way he keeps the frequency. He runs an al80 into a basic inverted V dipole. All transmit and no receive.
Rich

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.