• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best low cost intro beam

lonestarbandit

Supporting Member - WDX 429
Dec 30, 2006
So looking for opinions and statistics regarding gain etc for the best value for money introductory small beams. Discuss for my benefit lol

No BaBs please (Big ass Beams)

Maco Vquad
Gizmotchy 3 element
VQ3 V-Quad Antenna
Maco VQ3 V-Quad Antenna
Other alternatives

Last edited:

I just got done testing this one. https://www.radiowavz.com/product/s...gle-band/85?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false

Very lightweight - doesn't take up much space. Some good gain and horizontal polarization. Super easy to assemble. In use it reminded me of the V Quad.

Not going to be in the same realm as a 3 element yagi though.

If you're interested in it let me know. I just bought it so I could do the video overview and test it, I don't need another antenna :)

Last edited:
What the heck? Ive not seen a beam look like that before...how....what..that is extremely ....weird...?
If I put that on my house my wife might make it not my house.....

You may not like what she says about a V quad or a 3 element yagi then :) No such thing as a subtle beam for looks.

Anyone who comes to your house will always notice it.

102_080820Small.jpg

I've you're looking for the most simple and lightest V Quad, if you're ready to take the leap get the M103. Either way you'll need a solid mount and rotor unless you plan to manually adjust or talk in one direction.

Yes already looking at the rotor, the non included rotor wires, the poles, the brackets, another run of coax, an antenna switch..still waiting on my hopperbuilt box to ship....getting impatient. I am in suburbia now so big beams are out. I remember now what CB stood for.... I'd forgotten in 15 plus years I'd been away. Constantly Buying.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated