• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best low-end watt/VSWR meter you would suggest

My Daiwa came in today... Pretty impressed with it honestly. Thought something was wrong with it to start with because the SWR meter never moved on 20, went to channel 40 and it was working. I tried to post a vid but the site wouldn't let me.
Thanks for the recommendations guys, I greatly appreciate them.

Apparently the scales aren't agreeing with each other... On the 15 watt scale it's reading about 8.5 watts and on the 150 scale it's reading around 15 watts... This is on the pep scale, which is basically only 3ish different from the avg power... Ehhh, beats me.

Attachments

• 20200515_154549.jpg
    20200515_154549.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20200515_154530.jpg
    20200515_154530.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 18
I was just expecting more of a difference between pep and avg. As far as the scales go....I would have thought the 150 scale would have read lower than the 15.....I hate inconsistencies, they screw with my already elevated learning curve...

Reactions: Slowmover
I was just expecting more of a difference between pep and avg. As far as the scales go....I would have thought the 150 scale would have read lower than the 15.....I hate inconsistencies, they screw with my already elevated learning curve...

I drop any more gears in my elevated learning curve I may have to swing it around and try to crest it in Reverse.

Apparently the scales aren't agreeing with each other... On the 15 watt scale it's reading about 8.5 watts and on the 150 scale it's reading around 15 watts... This is on the pep scale, which is basically only 3ish different from the avg power... Ehhh, beats me.

I believe, and I’m happy to be corrected, that standard calibration is for full scale reading. The further away from full scale you are, the less accurate you can expect.

In other words: you can’t expect a 100 watt scale to be as accurate at 3 watts as it is at 95 watts.

With that assumption, you would generally be better off reading on the scale closest to the full power output...in this case, the 15 watt scale should be much more accurate for your 8(ish) watt reading, than the 150 watt scale.

I believe, and I’m happy to be corrected, that standard calibration is for full scale reading. The further away from full scale you are, the less accurate you can expect.

In other words: you can’t expect a 100 watt scale to be as accurate at 3 watts as it is at 95 watts.

With that assumption, you would generally be better off reading on the scale closest to the full power output...in this case, the 15 watt scale should be much more accurate for your 8(ish) watt reading, than the 150 watt scale.

And I agree, it’s the same in industrial instrumentation. But it’s usually a lower reading on a higher scale because you cal for upper end measurements, that’s what tweaks me. Guess I just need to keep in mind these aren’t Rosemont or Siemens transmitters...LOL

Reactions: 2NC995

A decent meter is accurate thru its range

Reactions: r carl

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.