1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Best low-end watt/VSWR meter you would suggest

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by 144inBama, May 5, 2020.

1. r carl

r carl Well-Known Member

I seen something about indecent junk in the paper. :confused:

Slowmover likes this.

2. 2NC995

2NC995 DAN

LMAO, just funning around.

Slowmover likes this.
  3. CB590

CB590 W9WDX Member

Same one I use for my mobile install checking. Seems to come out when I do something new. I dunno why. It works and is simple.

4. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

It’s, America’s Favorite!

That’s why.

5. 144inBama

144inBama Electricity doesn't kill you, ignorance does.

I plan on using the PDC2 behind the radio and the Daiwa behind the amp so I can get readings in front of and after the amp at the same time. With no amp inline, just using the jumpers, my VSWRs barely move the needle. I'm hoping this will serve as a good baseline for when I install the amp. By my figuring, I should be able to measure the reflection, amp to radio, amp to antenna, getting a better idea of the problem if one arises. Sound right?

6. Onelasttime

Onelasttime Sr. Member

Diawa would be my choice. Dual needle low models are very accurate on RMS. The peak reading iffy on the low end models but I do not see that as a big deal in an entry level unit.

7. 144inBama

Look what came in the mail today :)... I saw it on Ebay for $29 and had to get it...

Attached Files:

8. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

The rat shack meters were pretty good. I bought mine almost 20 years ago. I checked it against a bird 43 years ago and it's pretty damn close in average mode. I'm sure it's rating is for pep. Running 1000 watts of AM carrier through it will make it warm up.

9. secret squirrel

secret squirrel Lustrous Potentate

I pick them up in garage sales and have a few the old palm sized ones in the tin cases. The labels and names of yesterday. We have Lafayette Electronics, Archer, Sears. I get them compared to an analyzer ever now and then. They always match pretty close. Watch garage sales if its not a urgent need. all three mentioned are basically the same meter with different name on the front.

144inBama likes this.
  10. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Hmmm, . . . doesn’t read ”Micronta”.

Could it really be Radio Shack?

I’m a sucker for whatever reads, “Collins Radio”

A). “I can’t afford it”

B). ”I can’t use it”

Apply either as Case May Be.

11. 144inBama

I had to google “Micronta”....I may actually have to find one of those meters.....

TIN_CAN and Slowmover like this.
  12. kopcicle

kopcicle Sr. Member

102_2102.jpg

13. TIN_CAN

TIN_CAN Sr. Member

Micronta is Radio Shack, for an oldie it works great.

[​IMG]

14. TheBlaster

TheBlaster Well-Known Member

I use one of these it was very cheap and seems to work ok for basic needs, easy on the eye as well. TEAM 1180P Watt Meter goes 100W - all over the place with SSB, as long as the Watt needle it rattling against the end all the time on the 100W scale that's good enough for me. (y)
    [​IMG]

I would buy it again if it broke.

15. r carl

r carl Well-Known Member

What do you guy's think of the Dosy TC-3001P ? It has the added ability to read frequency and modulation.

#90 r carl, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    Slowmover likes this.