• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best low-end watt/VSWR meter you would suggest

What do you guy's think of the Dosy TC-3001P ? It has the added to read frequency and modulation.

Dosy is low quality. OK if absolutely nothing else, but DAIWA & MFJ are where to start. Quality & Price go up from there.

See how happy are reviews of those who bought Dosy products from REDMAN CB.

Now, if you’re establishing street cred in Redneckistan, get that for your pickemup after the chrome stacks and bazillion chicken lights.

Dosy works, but how well and how long; etc.

I've had the Dosy 4001 for probably 15 years now but when I got back into the hobby, I wanted a more trustworthy meter, I just never trusted the Dosy, which is why I started the thread. I ended up buying a Daiwa 501H.
Dosy may be better now but I'd rather have a ulta tight meter showing less than one that gets you laughed at when you tell people your numbers. The Radio Shack meter I just got, actually reads 5 watts tighter than the Daiwa @ full swing. Which brings up another thingy... with a 100w DK, the RS meter reads 100 on the 200 and the 2K scale whereas the Daiwa will show 100 on the 150 scale and 140ish on the 1.5K scale (PEP setting) on the AVG scale, they swing really close. The Dosy on PEP shows about 100w more swing on PEP than the Daiwa, AVG is +/- 20w and the RS meter shows about 10w less on PEP than the Dosy.

I have never heard of Dosy before yesterday. :whistle::whistle:

Make no mistake, there’ll come a day I buy the DOSY pictured.

Mounted on dash ahead of driver.

Giant Stargun antenna on the pickup with an extra ringo or two.

A MR X 98VHP

62390C90-2292-4EAB-870D-6EA1EB6BDF16.jpeg

And make it a talkin’ sonnuvabitch

Just for the fun of messin’ with everyone

(Submissions for other over-the-top gear and pickup appearance requested).

Diawa would be my choice. Dual needle low models are very accurate on RMS. The peak reading iffy on the low end models but I do not see that as a big deal in an entry level unit.

Daiwa CN-501H is accurate on the average scale as far as measuring RF power. PEP is not accurate. I tested the one I had against four other meters including two Yaesu meters, and the CN-501H was not even close measuring 450 PEP watts while the other meters were all in the 600 to 625 PEP range.

Anyway, I moved on to the Daiwa 901 HP, but have not yet had the chance to test it. Did not realize the 901 had PEP hold until I got it in my hands. Wish I had bought the 901 from the beginning.

Using thee Daiwa CN 801 with active PEP metering, then had it calibrated by a good ham working in the repair shop for Yaesu.
Done
Others are Diamond for 2/70, though the new FT991A has build in swr metering for all bands.

Reactions: Slowmover
Autek WM-1 computing VSWR/Watt meter. Swr meter automatically calibrates off of the power meter. True peak reading.

No longer made, good used ones can be had for around $150 on eBay. I own two of them.

View attachment 38853

Looking over this thread topic again as I need to get one. Sure do like what I’ve read on the AUTEK.

Though probably the MFJ 815, first.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?