• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bobs CB

Did you read my post in the hifi thread about me talking 100 miles with my inefficient cobra 29? Since you are only claiming 60 miles maybe you've got a bad jumper or something.

As for the video....you and Mark should get into politics. Hillary Clinton needs people like you.
To push a signal that wide that far is easy to do if you have an antenna like this one. But then again we are comparing apples to oranges
1275870_219226284902357_1681122332_o_zpsx7qyoq7x.jpeg

To push a signal that wide that far is easy to do if you have an antenna like this one. But then again we are comparing apples to oranges
1275870_219226284902357_1681122332_o_zpsx7qyoq7x.jpeg

Nope...just a ground plane. In the past you have said a barefoot radio tuned by fine tune will out talk a dirty kw. I can't possibly be running as clean as you so what's up with you only talking 60 miles? I don't think you're getting the miles per dollar that you deserve.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Think about it man. I'm using random coax lengths, have low efficiency due to excessively wide bandwidth, use a cheap cobra 29 that is not fine tuned. You should be able to talk circles around me. I think you need to check your SWR or something.

Nope...just a ground plane. In the past you have said a barefoot radio tuned by fine tune will out talk a dirty kw. I can't possibly be running as clean as you so what's up with you only talking 60 miles? I don't think you're getting the miles per dollar that you deserve.
You validated my point when you said you are running a ground plane antenna..
This is all it takes for me to talk 80 miles.
Perhaps I could increase that distance by getting an antenna similar to yours..
20160729_092751_zpswre9tauf.jpg

All it takes is 4 2879 transistors going into that antenna to talk 80 miles.
That sounds like a pretty good return for the money considering I don't even have a base antenna like you. It would be extremely interesting to see what sort of distance you can achieve with an antenna identical to mine.

You're using an amplifier and only getting out 80 miles? WTF? What about all these claims of 60 miles barefoot? You buy a 400 dollar amp and only get out 20 more miles? Sounds like you have either have a bad jumper or something in the antenna system heating up when you kick the power on.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
You're using an amplifier and only getting out 80 miles? WTF? What about all these claims of 60 miles barefoot? You buy a 400 dollar amp and only get out 20 more miles? Sounds like you have either have a bad jumper or something in the antenna system heating up when you kick the power on.
I never made any claims about getting out 60 miles barefoot except for the time I took my Shakespeare big stick and my radio shack handheld up to the top of Mount Wilson in Southern California and talked about 75 miles although I did make some claims about getting out 45 miles barefooted or something like that. When I spoke to Quartzsite Arizona when I was just outside of Glamis California I was running an amplifier in a tractor trailer but there was a huge mountain range in between us. I don't really put too much effort into talking long distance I just think it's comical how much money people invest in their system to get so little return for their money.

Last edited:
http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...s/mark-s-fine-tune-cb-hardrive.310532/page-44
To be fair I did not find where you claimed 60 miles with a barefoot radio from your truck....not in the same post anyway. You do spread a lot of shit. Not saying some of this didn't happen but you lead people to believe these are guaranteed results if you use your tech.

From https://www.truckersforum.net/forum/threads/back-over-the-road.70174/

I figured I would introduce myself. My name is scot. Been running coast to coast for 8 years. Drove local for 5 months. Going back over the road. If anyone needs advice about radio equipment, microphones, or antennas, I am the guy to ask. I have been to 160 radio shops from coast to coast, and only found 8 or 9 that knew what they were doing.I build my own antennas and microphones. If you want to talk and hear 60 miles without spending $ 1000.00 feel free to give me a shout. I have a friend who has a machine shop in Ohio who builds antennas brackets and mounts who does really good work for cheap, and I can refer you to a radio technician near you who does decent work for a reasonable price. I hate to see people waste money only to fail at what they sought to accomplish. I can reccomend certain equipment along with certain technicians to get the best value for your money. If you want to sound loud and clear without splattering across all 40 channels, and hear mudducks talking 30 miles away, feel free to ask me how.Scot

$1000 doesn't leave much room after buying the equipment, paying mark and your friend at the machine shop. What did you have in mind here? Even in the bob's Cb video you (or someone) told the driver "if you ever want to get out 60 miles...". Did you notice the guy in your video that tried to key up and say he hadn't heard of Bob's CB got keyed on by the guy that used bob? This happened at the 9 second mark.

Which statements were misguided? Was it the one about bass Robbing power and decreasing transmitter efficiency?
The only way anybody could ever have a transmitter compete with mine would either be
A- 10000 foot higher than me or
B- running a 6 element beam or
C-running 6 times the amount of power that I'm running in order to compete with the efficiency of my station.
I forgot about option D which is they have the same technician and similar equipment mounted in a similar vehicle in which case their performance will be virtually identical to mine.
I'm smart enough not to take the credit for how my station works.
I also like to give credit where credit is due.

Remember this? I'm not 10000 feet higher, not running a beam and if you have a 4 pill I am not running 6 times the power.

Waveform Integrity has everything to do with efficiency as well.
4 watts at one shop performs as well as a thousand Watts at a different shop.
Watts are meaningless when there's a complete lack of skill involved which is the case 99% of the time.
95% of the shops out there don't even know what test equipment is..

Here's another outrageous claim from you....yes I'm bored and really should be mowing the lawn

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...s/mark-s-fine-tune-cb-hardrive.310532/page-40
Here you say 48 miles mobile to mobile BAREFOOT. What's 12 more miles...then you go on to talk 68 miles with 150 watts to mark through a mountain. both of these post are highway miles, not straight line.

After some antenna tweaking, the guy in Allentown managed to talk 51 miles barefoot from his Freightliner to the guy at the bottom of the quarry.

We're up to 51 miles...8 more to go. Maybe not your rig but a product of fine tune CB. http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...s/mark-s-fine-tune-cb-hardrive.310532/page-44

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
I marked this date, 10/9/2016, on my calendar as the first day I've ever heard of "miles per dollar" as being important as part of the criteria for judging radio performance. :whistle:
Miles per watt should definitely be considered.
If you look at it from a business standpoint that's where dollars come in to play.

To be fair I did not find where you claimed 60 miles with a barefoot radio from your truck....not in the same post anyway. You do spread a lot of shit. Not saying some of this didn't happen but you lead people to believe these are guaranteed results if you use your tech.

From https://www.truckersforum.net/forum/threads/back-over-the-road.70174/

$1000 doesn't leave much room after buying the equipment, paying mark and your friend at the machine shop. What did you have in mind here? Even in the bob's Cb video you (or someone) told the driver "if you ever want to get out 60 miles...". Did you notice the guy in your video that tried to key up and say he hadn't heard of Bob's CB got keyed on by the guy that used bob? This happened at the 9 second mark.

Remember this? I'm not 10000 feet higher, not running a beam and if you have a 4 pill I am not running 6 times the power.

Here's another outrageous claim from you....yes I'm bored and really should be mowing the lawn

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...s/mark-s-fine-tune-cb-hardrive.310532/page-40
Here you say 48 miles mobile to mobile BAREFOOT. What's 12 more miles...then you go on to talk 68 miles with 150 watts to mark through a mountain. both of these post are highway miles, not straight line.

We're up to 51 miles...8 more to go. Maybe not your rig but a product of fine tune CB. http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...s/mark-s-fine-tune-cb-hardrive.310532/page-44
You said you can talk 100 miles with a Cobra 29 and I think it's easily achievable to talk 30 miles out of a mobile with that same Cobra 29 so I think you and I can both agree that Bob screwed his customer that can only talk 3 miles with a Stryker 497...
Vaseline not included..
The funny part was the customer liked it

Last edited:
You validated my point when you said you are running a ground plane antenna..
This is all it takes for me to talk 80 miles.
Perhaps I could increase that distance by getting an antenna similar to yours..
20160729_092751_zpswre9tauf.jpg

All it takes is 4 2879 transistors going into that antenna to talk 80 miles.
That sounds like a pretty good return for the money considering I don't even have a base antenna like you. It would be extremely interesting to see what sort of distance you can achieve with an antenna identical to mine.

I thought you only believed in copper antennas. That one is not copper.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
I thought you only believed in copper antennas. That one is not copper.
My antenna isn't all copper either. I used stainless steel where strength matters and I only use Copper Where strength does not matter. For a 5/8 wave base application it's a whole different ballgame.
Larger size and higher wind loads require a different construction method

Think I will just stick to bass fishing. And watch this thread go down the shitter.. Maybe I'm wrong but I was lead to believe it was all about conditions...:D:rolleyes:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.