• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CAN ONE DEFINE A GOOD RADIO "TECH" FROM A "HA

Status
Not open for further replies.
freecell said:
"Boy I'm good at rambling on and on about a bunch of useless nothing, huh?"

you certainly are.
I realy don't think so -f-cell ......but I suppose you ain't much happy with yourself unless your pointing the fingers at others, huh ? ....you ever thought of a little humility as a way of life ? .....or if you didn't have anything constructive to say to simply insert shoe in mouth ? It's all good f-cell .....like a-holes my fellow forum member ,you to are intitled to your opinion. (-: .....but I've been seeing lately that it seems to be OK to be crappy towards others when at the same time "they" say it isn't a good thing ? Hmmmm .....I suppose some can get away with being a-holes more then others ? .....well ..I suppose that's OK ...I would hate to think of myself as someone who would hide behide somebody else for anything that I have said through out my journey around here. it's all good f-cell ...I'll do my best not to be negative towards you personally in the future about anything or anybody else for that matter .Like this post ,I more then likely just wasted my time , but I suppose I just felt the need to express myself ...my bad ..it's never very healthy for me to "come down" to any body else's size. Peace f-cell (-:

no one did or said anything crappy to anyone. C2 asked a question and i answered it. not only did i answer his question but i also agreed with him. it's all been quite congenial. take some thorazine and relax. if C2 and i need anyone to mediate our interchange one of us will let you know.

we're merely enjoying some friendly, sarcastic banter and you can't tell tell the difference. lighten up.

we're merely enjoying some friendly, sarcastic banter and you can't tell tell the difference. lighten up.

You said it f-cell ....apparently I can't tell tell the differance ?Thorazine ? does your sarcasm ever stop ? lighten up ? I honestly don't recall sticking my nose into your business in anyway shape or form , and if I did ,it certainly wasn't friendly,sarcastic banter as you put it , IM glad you find enjoyment in it ,guess what ? I don't......at least not in this instance. Nuff said. Peace S-K

"Thorazine ? does your sarcasm ever stop ?"

no sarcasm intended there, i was being serious. that's a prescription drug from the chlorpromazine family used in the treatment of disorganized and psychotic thinking, false perceptions, hallucinations and delusions.

get you some.

"I honestly don't recall sticking my nose into your business in anyway shape or form ........"

oh yeah? well take another LOOK AT YOUR POST prior to the one in which this statement appears and refresh your memory.

A very good question with many answers.Heres mine.A degree does not a CB tech make.A good tech is honest and knows his limitations and does not live on hype.
I have been working on radios since the 70s and I actually have an associates degree in electronics and I dont consider myself a technician.Not with radios anyway.Why because I am honest enough and smart enough to know my limitations.Yes I can tune my own radios and replace parts and do some troubleshooting but not enough in my mind to qualify myself as a tech.
I dont believe in power mods.If you want more power add an amplifier.But I can get 100 watts more swing out of my amp on my Dosy with the mod.Doesnt mean a thing.
Yes I have tried a bunch and guess what it never made a positive difference on the air.A few made a negative difference and were promptly reversed.People want to believe the hype so bad.But I am sorry they just want your money.
My goal has always been to sound like a broadcast station.Not overmodulated.Not distorted.Not 100db of background noise.
Just loud and clean.
Its that elusive idea that if I only had one more watt that fuels this money pit.That and ego.
Its about money and if I can convince people that my way is best I can make more money.Lets face the cold hard truth.Its about the money.Thats why they fight so hard to convince you that my way is the only way.
Basic marketing 101.
Learn to say I am happy with my setup and I dont need that extra watt.You will have a lot more money and peace of mind.
Now all the ones who want your money will crucify me.
The best tech is the one you trust who takes pride in their work.

DuckKilla said:
A very good question with many answers.Heres mine.A degree does not a CB tech make.A good tech is honest and knows his limitations and does not live on hype.
I have been working on radios since the 70s and I actually have an associates degree in electronics and I dont consider myself a technician.Not with radios anyway.Why because I am honest enough and smart enough to know my limitations.Yes I can tune my own radios and replace parts and do some troubleshooting but not enough in my mind to qualify myself as a tech.
I dont believe in power mods.If you want more power add an amplifier.But I can get 100 watts more swing out of my amp on my Dosy with the mod.Doesnt mean a thing.
Yes I have tried a bunch and guess what it never made a positive difference on the air.A few made a negative difference and were promptly reversed.People want to believe the hype so bad.But I am sorry they just want your money.
My goal has always been to sound like a broadcast station.Not overmodulated.Not distorted.Not 100db of background noise.
Just loud and clean.
Its that elusive idea that if I only had one more watt that fuels this money pit.That and ego.
Its about money and if I can convince people that my way is best I can make more money.Lets face the cold hard truth.Its about the money.Thats why they fight so hard to convince you that my way is the only way.
Basic marketing 101.
Learn to say I am happy with my setup and I dont need that extra watt.You will have a lot more money and peace of mind.
Now all the ones who want your money will crucify me.
The best tech is the one you trust who takes pride in their work.
TOUCHE' !! A BREATH OF FRESH AIR

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?