• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CAN ONE DEFINE A GOOD RADIO "TECH" FROM A "HA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this qualify? Zoom down to the bottom and check out Freecell, I think he and Butcher makes some points that might help you answer the original question.

Walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, must be a duck....

Freecell says,

"not looking to bust anyones chops here, just FYI.

surely you can find someone to do the work on a magnum radio who can adjust it without having to remove the top gun modulator, if that's what you're looking for. they're never removed here".

While Butcher says,

"Wow, I can't believe I just found this thread. Go get em Paws. There are alot of hack shops in the mid-west I have found out that are yanking the Top Gun and Compressor and telling the customer, " this really open these Magnums up". Then they turn right around and sell the stuff as a super-mod-kit for like 60 bucks.
This is why I was shocked to find out Justin was doing this as a matter of practice".....

z8fsmile.gif

Damn !! I hate it when those wonderful pats on the back become unwanted kicks in me a$$ )-: even though a good ole fashion a$$ kick'in has been known to do wonders for ones ego. Damned if the truth still don't sting from time to time !! Oh dear God !! please don't allow me to only go down one street and only one street , show me the way !! Please let my head go pop ! when I can finally pull it out of my deniling pucker hole !! (-: it would truly be a breath of fresh air for sure....Huh ? What he say ?

Dollar Bill

"Its that elusive idea that if I only had one more watt that fuels this money pit. That and ego.
Its about money and if I can convince people that my way is best I can make more money.Lets face the cold hard truth.Its about the money.Thats why they fight so hard to convince you that my way is the only way.
Basic marketing 101."

Beautifully, beautifully stated!

This is so true duckkilla. In order to make that Dollar Bill, people get so darn puffed up defending their way or the highway. And the way folks think that their "credentials", "experience", "degrees", etc make them far, far superior to anything YOU may have learned along the way. PLEASE.

As I have said many times, and with apologies to Johnny "Guitar" Watson: "Dollar Bill, Dollar Bill, Dollar Bill... It's all about the Dollar Bill!"

Four Dash Ten,
'Fuzz.

Paws, heres an example. The last guy to work on your radio was a hack, the guy working on it now is a tech. Just ask him.

Yep, every tech beats down the competition. Just a fact of life. Only difference is some make it big.......Some do not

Hmmm. Kinda like when the driver in front of you is an idiot, and the one following too close behind you is a maniac?

I say long life and good health to all the 'hack' artists, whoever they may be. Bad-mouthing them is too much like biting the hand that feeds.

If it weren't for all those guys, I might have to start advertising again. Perish the thought.

Clueless

I'd be real careful labeling everyone who doesn't understand how a transistor or tube works as 'clueless'. (or would you prefer thermionic valve?) I'd suggest that you go to Google and do a little research on yourself.

Keywords: Justin Depolis Bull$hit

Click on the first link you find...

I'm serious, now...just do it.

JustinDePolis said:
Well it's like this... why in the CB world are there so many self-proclaimed technicians? My favorite is to ask them how a transistor works. Or the old, "Can you explain to me the difference between a tube and transistor?" This is why I talk the way I do... there are only a handfull of people that actually can back up what they say, like Nomad for example. The others are clueless.

Transistors are composed of three parts – a base, a collector, and an emitter. The base is the gate controller device for the larger electrical supply. The collector is the larger electrical supply, and the emitter is the outlet for that supply. By sending varying levels of current from the base, the amount of current flowing through the gate from the collector may be regulated. In this way, a very small amount of current may be used to control a large amount of current, as in an amplifier.

Or did you want to hear it in terms of free holes, free electrons, depletion zone, etc...? Then, let me ask you, what stops a positive-energy electron from radiating a photon and falling into a negative-energy (lower-energy) state?

Tubes...must we?

When a bulb's filament is heated white-hot, electrons are boiled off its surface and into the vacuum inside the bulb. If an extra electrode ("plate" or "anode") is made more positive than the hot filament, a direct current flows through the vacuum. An added electrode ("grid") is between the plate and filament. If a signal is applied to the grid, you have a sensitive "detector" of the signal. In fact, the grid can change (or modulate) the current flowing from the filament to the plate, as in an amplifier.

Now we are all super CB technicians. ;)

Reading for Comprehension is Fundamental

Justin,
Please re-read my post.
I did not write "do a little research yourself."
I wrote "do a little research ON yourself"

I find it almost impossible to reason in my "tiny little brain" [your implication] that a supposedly superior intellect such as yourself posts on other message boards, etc. about munching someone's a$$. And since you like to pass out links like everyone else, here it is:

http://beautybash.net/messageboard/archive/messages/345106.html

This is why I stated that I'd be "real careful" about calling folks "clueless".

I'm sure the posts found by using the google.com keywords "Justin DePolis Bull$hit" could not possibly be from you, could they. Oh, but wait... If they were not, then a brainiac such as yourself would have figured out a way to have them removed.

As you grow older, you may find that honesty, maturity and kindness towards others will get you along a lot farther than insulting folks regarding their supposed lack of intelligence.

Your reputation, as researched on newsgroups et Al., precedes you. Your level of intelligence does not.

I wish you all the best in your business dealings.

'Fuzz

Thank you very much B-Fuzz ......I totally appreciated your post here. For some reason or other ? I wouldn't want to think that this is "What is the Worldwide Radio Forum all about " ...but it is what it is and folks are what they are. IM personally not impressed with pompous vane conceded types of people. Thanks again B-Fuzz ....I don't think I could have said it any better then that.

SO what are you trying to say fuzz that Justins abilitys as a tech are questionable based on a post somewhere in a TOTALY unrealated group somewhere?? Maby once you run outta relavent attacks you have to start personal attacks?
Are you in publick office or something??

Chuck

P.S. SK in case you didn't notice that was on some other group Has nothing to do with WWRF.Some people just can't come up with any RELIVENT arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.