• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Carl Built

Are you thinking this because of the SWR issue (that may have been resolved by removing the lightning arrestor temporarily) or because of the new reports of the SSB modulation starting to get choppy/crackly despite no changes to any of the hardware or setup?
How are the watts? Have you noticed a drop? I'm thinking that because of both issues. Why is there ferrite on the coax? That's going to cause issues because it's going to attempt to "trap" your signal. I'd be willing to bet the ferrite gets hot as the door hinges of hell when you transmit.

That ferrite has an impedance of 2500 @ 100 MHz so the higher you go in channels, the more the ferrite is going to attempt to snuff.... Now, I ain't any kinda tech so I could be wrong...hell, probably am....

8A6A093D-990D-4975-B3B0-DADA83F9E134.jpegNew Carl Built base 1x4. All 2879’s. Very clean audio, great reports. Everyone says it sounds wicked. And the preamp is the best I’ve ever heard. Very happy with it. Works great with all my single final and tube radios.

How are the watts? Have you noticed a drop? I'm thinking that because of both issues. Why is there ferrite on the coax? That's going to cause issues because it's going to attempt to "trap" your signal. I'd be willing to bet the ferrite gets hot as the door hinges of hell when you transmit.
No noticeable change in wattage but I run the amp on the conservative side. I put the ferrite on the coax because I was reading about some signal backwash/harmonics possibly being a cause and a suggested step is to install one or more ferrites preferably where the coax connects to the antenna (not currently possible/reachable in my case) or close to where the coax connects to the end of the equipment chain (my Daiwa CN-901 in my case). The ferrite and coax under it are the same temperature as the rest of the coax, basically room temperature.

I am a relative newbie so a lot of this is a learning process by trial and a few costly errors.

How long did it take for you guys to get your carl amps? I only bought a 1pill, i hope it wont be a two month wait or longer.

We shall see. I know he is backed up because that rooster cb guy keeps ordering like 20 amps a month and is re selling them at a higher price. Ridiculous

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.