• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks site UPDATES/THREAD MERGERS

I use both Winrar and Winzip, mostly Winzip. Both of them will decompress a .rar file along with many other extensions. During installation of either one you will be prompted to select all of the various extensions or you can pick and choose individual ones. I prefer Winzip only because of my familiarity having used it since its early conception. Although I must say, the newer versions of Winzip IMO has become overly complex.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but you can access most of CBTricks using the Wayback machine online tool. Just go back to 2017 or so and everything is there.
A fair share of files is available on the Wayback machine link, but not all. Downloading the .rar file is still your best bet if you’re serious about obtaining all the available schematics and graphics that were posted later. I also find it handy to have an off-line copy as platform for adding my own or missing material. Adding missing schematics is something I would have liked to have participated in while it was active. On a side note, be sure the “sleep mode” on your computer is disabled before downloading that large 9gb file. Mine was initially set to power down after 30 minutes of mouse or keyboard inactivity, therefore it failed. It seems Windows doesn’t relate to something in the process of downloading as being “active.” Total time for downloading on my slow speed service was around 12 hours.

Reactions: NZ8N
A fair share of files is available on the Wayback machine link, but not all. Downloading the .rar file is still your best bet if you’re serious about obtaining all the available schematics and graphics that were posted later. I also find it handy to have an off-line copy as platform for adding my own or missing material. Adding missing schematics is something I would have liked to have participated in while it was active. On a side note, be sure the “sleep mode” on your computer is disabled before downloading that large 9gb file. Mine was initially set to power down after 30 minutes of mouse or keyboard inactivity, therefore it failed. It seems Windows doesn’t relate to something in the process of downloading as being “active.” Total time for downloading on my slow speed service was around 12 hours.

What is your typical download speed?. It took me about ten minutes to download the entire 9 Gb. I sure don't miss the old dial-up days. :ROFLMAO:

What is your typical download speed?. It took me about ten minutes to download the entire 9 Gb. I sure don't miss the old dial-up days. :ROFLMAO:

Spectrum Cable....Download Speed...Upload speed
Standard Internet.....60-200 Mbps.........10 Mbps
Ultra Internet..........300-400 Mbps.........20 Mbps
Gig Internet...............940 Mbps.............35 Mbps

The cheap "Standard" service I have usually hangs around 150Mbps. Less during peak hours. I really would like to go with the highest rate, but the wife won't justify the cost since her Facebook videos and video chats with our daughter play just fine.

Spectrum Cable....Download Speed...Upload speed
Standard Internet.....60-200 Mbps.........10 Mbps
Ultra Internet..........300-400 Mbps.........20 Mbps
Gig Internet...............940 Mbps.............35 Mbps

The cheap "Standard" service I have usually hangs around 150Mbps. Less during peak hours. I really would like to go with the highest rate, but the wife won't justify the cost since her Facebook videos and video chats with our daughter play just fine.

OK I was just wondering because I have 150 Mbps and it was not really that long to download the entire thing.

If anybody uploads the CBTricks.rar to Google Drive, please let me know. My upload speed is awful.

Google Drive has 15 GB of free storage, and the file can be share linked.

Reactions: Cutlass327
To much downloads :)
Maybe someone could make a torrent and put online?

I thought that might happen. Exceeded the bandwidth.

That's why I asked earlier if somebody could upload to Google Drive. Once it's in the cloud, the download can be shareable, and anybody with the shareable link can download it.

Don't have to download the Google Drive app at least not on desktop Google browser. Only need a Gmail account to access Google Drive, and then upload the file, and then there is a button to get shareable link. Copy and paste the shareable link...done.

My net is only 20/3, and the upload speed is more like 1.5 at best. Nine GB upload ain't happening here!

glad to see you are still around and checking in to the forum!

always curious where your ventures are taking you these days, but you probably can't talk about that LOL.

and yes, i like saying seedkey.

switchkit hasn't been around in a long time. he kind of just disappeared with the last skip cycle.

and now for some conspiracy theories!!! yay!!!

not sure if any of you follow a youtuber by the name of Louis Rossman, but he is a repair tech that works on Apple products, and is constantly embattled with them because they don't want people to be able to fix their products.
Apple, like every other tech company makes their money by making repair so difficult and expensive that it is cheaper for the consumer to just buy another Apple product.

tech companies DO NOT want consumers getting their electronics repaired these days, and there is a bill going through the senates of various states called the "right to repair bill".

lobbyists from the big tech companies are fighting this bill by saying that their intellectual property is at stake when the real reason they are against it is because if you get your old Apple Macbook repaired, then you won't buy a new one.

they want the earth's landfills to be PACKED with old electronics so they can sell new ones.

because of all of this, companies are no longer providing service information under the guise of protecting their intellectual property.

Can anyone say UNIDEN???

Uniden had the unmitigated gall to say that they would no longer provide schematics and service manuals for their CB radios because they were afraid someone would steal their super secret CB radio technology.

yep that's right, they actually made that statement.

The conspiracy theory here is that Ranger has now followed suit, and no longer wants all those schematics out there so that people will be forced to buy a new radio when theirs breaks.

could it be that they have gotten to Bennie???
paid him off???
put the squeeze to him???

make no mistake folks, we live in a throw away society and those of us who try to keep our cars running longer, repair our own appliances, and restore old electronics are the ENEMY in the eyes of the big corporations.
LC

I think there may be some chance of the big companies losing, if they use the automotive industry as precedent. The Big Three have for years tried to put a lock on the underhood goings-on of the automobile, but that would mean ALL independent shops would be locked out of them. I believe there was a court ruling that said that they must allow aftermarket service. I don't remember the details, that was back in the late 90s when the Auto Tech professor told us that in Tech College...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated