• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks site UPDATES/THREAD MERGERS

Last edited:
WOW - really - 39.95?

Well, then I need my cut...

Here's a rub, you may not like to hear this but it should be said...

This site, like CB Tricks was, gives the members a lot of information for free - yet like those endless Tax-Time tell-tales say - supposedly free.

The problem with this is - in my view - If I'm allowed to have a page or two - on that site - that they want to post for others to see for free, that is that sites business.

But, when it comes to the Forums that CB Tricks had, as well as this one. It can reveal a dark side that sets a bad tone for others to follow - but for those whom do not feel the same way about it - they see it as a gold mine of data in which to enrich themselves at a profit.

Bennie used to post a lot of times to show what others did with his offering of DVD updates, he got taken for being the nice guy. They can be located on eBay from unscrupulous sellers. That was on our forums - and people like that do exist. So you have been warned.

What does this have to do with "my" data here?

Everything - it can be "scraped" off a site and filtered sifted thru, and they can glean a lot of useful repair, product and other PERSONAL information you thought was safe to be kept here amongst friends.

Well, we're friends here. Yes. But to the rest of the world - we may be the biggest enemy of those that want to profit by, and for, quenching our ability to speak or share knowledge freely.

People want to have, what we have taken for granted.

FCC knows this...
CHINA knows this...

Whomever has knowledge to apply this data to obtain supremacy - know this...

So when you start to see "Intellectual rights" and they are being sold as "violations" - I can see why Bennie left CB Tricks in a faltered state. Applying Raw data doesn't hurt anyone or anything - its when it is applied - can it be shown to have disastrous consequences.

We got caught with our britches down on 9-11-2001 - because some people found a way to look like something innocent enough but took control of a device and did something that never was comprehensible until it was too late.

In nearly every war we found those that felt they had nothing to lose and took chances on using data gleaned thru spying and was able to use it to their advantage. How do you feel today? Yes, exactly that - if you're the one that lost in that war - are you oppressed or are you better off now than the other way around?

I think that the members of this forum can do a favor for those who are in this hobby NOW by adding your schematics, service bulletins, mods, and 'Service Manual' data to the repair section - if it is not there already.

I'm quite sure that many of us have several files on their computer right now that could add to the content of this forum. We might not be able to be what Benny's CB Tricks was; but we can add to this forum for the future. Rename the radio repair section and call it 'Benny's Service Bulletins'. I think the man deserves credit for what he has done.

Maintaining CB radio in the larger sense is profitable for anyone, either businesses that still fix CB for the trucker or CB enthusiast in order to keep the radio privilege ongoing.

Countries like China would like to snuff that privilege out in the US and the rest of the free world that uses it still.

CB in its own way also supports amateur radio; they are both mutually beneficial to each other. Strange as it sounds, they are inextricably linked. More than a few hams occupy both spaces. Those that don't necessarily like CB radio need to protect it just the same, as the attack may so easily be turned on them as well. Matter of principle.

Last edited:
Hello

Sauvegarde Web ici:
icon_e_wink.gif

https://web.archive.org/web/20180808010933/http://cbtricks.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/20180827194710/http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/index.htm

@+
Claude

Why would anyone pay to access what was once free?

Why would you pay to access what many of us have on supporter DVD’s and are willing to share?

If someone put up a mirror site or uploaded the supporter disk content, why would you bitch and complain about that?

Forget Carmen San Diego, where the hell is Bennie Bolin?

Last but not least, who is the jackass trying to charge $40 bucks to access information they ripped off from a site? Sounds like something a radio troll would do, sitting alone, out in the middle of nowhere...

Be kind. Jedi scum has tried to take me out, it’s taken an IG-88 almost 3 weeks to get me to this shape. Cut me some slack.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.