• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks site UPDATES/THREAD MERGERS

Funny thing I have been reading other places that congress told the FCC to enact the laws on the books and that they had to bring in more money...And the FCC was the ones that shut down CB Tricks (But all of this is hear say don't know if its true or not but I wouldn't be scared to bet that's its false like you can read any wheres else). But if it is why haven't they hit eBay and sited like them or nothing on the news media (Don't people think that if the FCC was doing this that the news media would be reporting it)

The media only reports if it is on their agenda. I don't believe that the FCC cares at all about CB Tricks. I don't believe that the FCC cares about illegal CB operators either. In reality, CB operators are such a small percentage of the population now days. They are concerned with 5G and what comes after it.

If CB Tricks doesn't come back, it will mark the end of an era. Could anything fill those shoes?

Gone are the days of building your own transmitter and receiver. Gone are the days of repairing your own radio, as the radios that are repairable are now relics of the glory days while the few remaining examples continue to be priced accordingly (Though nobody in their right mind would pay such prices, and then someone does). Gone are the days of buying a new radio to tweak and modify to your desire.

A new era is being ushered in, though we resist heartily. Our only hope is that this next cycle will bring with it new life to this hobby along with radio companies to build equipment in the spirit of what 11m means to so many of us.

This hobby is many different things to many different people. So many different styles of operating, there is something in it for everyone. The technical aspect has many facets as well. From antennas to RF power to audio power to transceiver modifications or just trying different equipment, there is always something to keep it "new".

I am sure most would agree, WWDX is the best place to be.

The media only reports if it is on their agenda. I don't believe that the FCC cares at all about CB Tricks. I don't believe that the FCC cares about illegal CB operators either. In reality, CB operators are such a small percentage of the population now days. They are concerned with 5G and what comes after it.

If CB Tricks doesn't come back, it will mark the end of an era. Could anything fill those shoes?

Gone are the days of building your own transmitter and receiver. Gone are the days of repairing your own radio, as the radios that are repairable are now relics of the glory days while the few remaining examples continue to be priced accordingly (Though nobody in their right mind would pay such prices, and then someone does). Gone are the days of buying a new radio to tweak and modify to your desire.

A new era is being ushered in, though we resist heartily. Our only hope is that this next cycle will bring with it new life to this hobby along with radio companies to build equipment in the spirit of what 11m means to so many of us.

This hobby is many different things to many different people. So many different styles of operating, there is something in it for everyone. The technical aspect has many facets as well. From antennas to RF power to audio power to transceiver modifications or just trying different equipment, there is always something to keep it "new".

I am sure most would agree, WWDX is the best place to be.
Very well said!

The FCC reminds me of the old cliche about cops in Chicago. It was said that to get a cop out of his warm patrol car in winter required you to throw a firebomb at it.

And that's pretty much the FCC's attitude towards anything to do with radio that doesn't require a license.

Now, if your unlicensed transmitting equipment disturbs someone who HAS a FCC license, like the local police or fire services they'll be around to see you. Likewise for pirate FM-broadcast transmitters, especially if you interfere with a local station.

If you make it easy for them by advertising not-legal amplifiers on the web, you'll eventually get a nastygram from them about that. Conduct that kind of business privately, using word-of-mouth and the FCC will never know you exist. Or care.

Feds normally put up a notice on the websites they seize. They would also have told google to remove the snapshot.

FCC only cares about protecting the cellular industry. Thats it.
They don't care about HF at all. They don't care about public safety radio or ham radio. And they only sometimes care about FM broadcast pirates if they interfere with megacorp stations with lobbyists.

I am going to go with the simplest theory here. Websites that use tons of bandwidth cost money. And lots of people don't have extra money kicking around now.

The old web 1.0 world is dying and fading away as we move to a world controlled by Big Tech sites like Facebook and google. Independent forum sites like WWDX are a rare breed now. If there is information on a site that is important to you then archive it locally. You never know what will be the next CBtricks, or geocities, or xoom, or tripod, or web.aol, or yahoo groups etc etc.

They are only gone - if you let them.

To the char-grin of many here, I see the progress of radio from being a curiosity and fun way to make Electrons do things - it's how Alexander Graham Bell used Tesla's and Marconi's efforts in discovery to make Light bulbs and Tubes and Electromagnetics' work together

Then Transistors then onto IC and SMD robotics.

Here's the rub. IF we don't keep "radio" alive as a hobby, the technology we play with now, will be supplanted by even more subversive and (referencing 5G) less understood complexity that; once lost, we will lose control over the methodology and surrender it to a manufacturing process that even the humans that made it, has advanced beyond their ability to control or even understand it.

So if we continue to leave it in others hands, Radio will become extinct - which for many would not notice any difference - for others of a select group, they would then celebrate another loss of freedom we still hold onto today.

Has anyone have the Expo 100 channel kit installs and radio list copied from the Original CB trick site would appreciate info or where to get it. I did download the rar file from page 24 but did not have that section for the Expo channel kits.

thanks

Seems the cbtricks owner hasn't wanted to sell, yet doesn't seem capable of maintaining the site anymore. I understand not wanting to sell stuff sometimes, but there has been issues for quite some time now with keeping the site going, so why not sell it and hope it continues to get updated.

Was a handy site over the years.

Reading on another thread about Mike a galaxy/texas star and his obituary almost being written I couldn't help but wonder about Bennie. I think we've all concluded that the cbt forum is has its own obituary but does anyone know about Bennie and his well being?
Well his ham call is expired/canceled now.
He has his domain info public with his contact info if someone wants to reach out to him.
https://www.whois.com/whois/cbtricks.com
Hopefully the owner can make a deal with BBI. His idea of making an open source repository people can contribute to sounds great.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Well his ham call is expired/canceled now.
He has his domain info public with his contact info if someone wants to reach out to him.
https://www.whois.com/whois/cbtricks.com
Hopefully the owner can make a deal with BBI. His idea of making an open source repository people can contribute to sounds great.
The whole where's Bennie has been gone over a few times on wwdx and the end conclusion is nobody really knows.

I'm not going to read this entire thread so I'll just post this. If this is old info then just delete it. The old CB Tricks page has turned to subscription. Go to CB-Tricks.com and pay 40 bux, register as a user and you have the new updated CB Tricks.

Reactions: Mudduckmobile

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated