• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks site UPDATES/THREAD MERGERS

Is cb tricks site gone? I can not access it any longer. Do you need to join and pay a user fee?

Thanks for any info sir.
Chuck Saylor
No, that pay site is bogus. It's a copy that someone decided to cash in on. I THINK I know who did it, but that's irrelevant. There is a p-lan in progress to have the entire site as a download on this forum. Stand by for updates.

No, that pay site is bogus. It's a copy that someone decided to cash in on. I THINK I know who did it, but that's irrelevant. There is a p-lan in progress to have the entire site as a download on this forum. Stand by for updates.
Thank you Greg.

Reactions: Greg T
Is cb tricks site gone? I can not access it any longer. Do you need to join and pay a user fee?

Thanks for any info sir.
Chuck Saylor
It's gone. Dead. It has ceased to be. It is pining for the fjords. It has shuffled off this mortal coil and moved on to the next plane of existence.

The guy charging for access is not the same site. He copied the publicly accessible data from the original cbtricks and registered a very similar domain name in an attempt to fool people into thinking he was the original.

Not just that, but he (fake news, er I mean fake site) also does not have anywhere near the completeness that the original site has/had. From what I have gleaned (by bypassing his pay wall), he has about 1/3 of what was available from the real, now dead site.

Reactions: Eldorado828
Just tried some of the mirror sites many pages are gone on them also I do have the 14gb backup from 2020 and all seems to be there. Kinda sucks that Bennie will not give up the site to someone who is willing to keep the site up and running. CBC international is another site that is loosing pages. Lew Franklin not taking care of his site also. but I have all his books and site pages in pdf format. Just trying to get backups of whats out there before its all gone for good.
Thanks god that this site keeps some info here.

Reminds me of the folks who retrieved a lot of the "free" hosted sites of the 00's. Called themselves the Archive Team. Gotta find a copy of their wall poster. The slogan on it said "We're gonna save your shit".

They organized mass downloads of sites before they went dark, called them "Distributed Preservation of Service Attacks".

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Just tried some of the mirror sites many pages are gone on them also I do have the 14gb backup from 2020 and all seems to be there. Kinda sucks that Bennie will not give up the site to someone who is willing to keep the site up and running. CBC international is another site that is loosing pages. Lew Franklin not taking care of his site also. but I have all his books and site pages in pdf format. Just trying to get backups of whats out there before its all gone for good.
Hi Dss56. Would it be possible to get a copy of the 14 gb backup from you?

Thanks Chuck Saylor

I am getting PM's about a member here selling bootleg copies of Franklin's books.

WTH?

Jeff
Agreed. Mr. Lou's books are still for sale and HE gets the money from those sales. Selling anything besides an original pre-owned copy is a HUGE copyright infringement. Mr. Lou is a good guy and deserves every dollar for the work he has poured into the radio hobby.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated