• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks web site

site has been down for a lonnnnng time,, i can log on just cant navigate the site for getting a error notice,,,, well just went to the forum and now i cant get on it has logged me out and the main site is no responding either,, i guess the final death has happened,,,,

I could not get on radio schematics and manuals yesterday. I hope that is not gone for good. I wonder why someone did not pick that web site up?

I just tried the manuals section and will not load at all. looks like the main site is down. hopefully not for good.
I talked to Bennie a few months ago Lowboy and he did not want to let go of the site and did not want any one other than hisself going into the programs. so not sure what has happened.

im going with hopeful, and saying that maybe the site is down because he is finally fixing the forum issue?

it ain't much hope, but...
LC

There's a few of us that pulled as much data off cbtricks as we could. I think I've got the schematics and service manuals that were publicly accessible in an archive on my system. If the worst has come to pass and cbtricks is gone for good, we may still be able to get some of the data back onto the web.

The cbtricks.com server is down. My web site is off line and it won't let me log in to my admin account. It's hosted on the same dedicated server.

Last time this happened, Bennie shut the server down in response to a brute-force attack. Somebody was trying to access the the admin account.

Simply shutting it down removes the risk of a breach. The attention span of the typical script kiddie fades in a day or so, and the server is reactivated.

Well, that's how it played the last few times.

Here's hoping it comes back soon. Not like my web site is a traffic monster, but It's nice to have it running.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Oh crap. I thought I was the only one and it was all thanks to Spectrum and their high speed BS magic show.

Sad. Indeed.

If you have the site on disk, the supporter disk, is it possible to set up a home server and share it as a website?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.