1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

CB Tricks web site

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by dss56, Nov 20, 2018.

1. dss56

dss56 Member

Anyone having problems logging into cbtricks.com i am and can't log in.

thanks

2. sp5it

sp5it Master of puppets

Since ages...

3. midnight special

midnight special Well-Known Member

site has been down for a lonnnnng time,, i can log on just cant navigate the site for getting a error notice,,,, well just went to the forum and now i cant get on it has logged me out and the main site is no responding either,, i guess the final death has happened,,,,

4. Robb

Robb Yup

If you mean the CB Tricks amp and radio info pages; then yes.
    Still down.

5. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Well-Known Member

I could not get on radio schematics and manuals yesterday. I hope that is not gone for good. I wonder why someone did not pick that web site up?

6. sonoma

sonoma Sr. Member

I just tried the manuals section and will not load at all. looks like the main site is down. hopefully not for good.
    I talked to Bennie a few months ago Lowboy and he did not want to let go of the site and did not want any one other than hisself going into the programs. so not sure what has happened.

7. loosecannon

loosecannon Sr. Member

im going with hopeful, and saying that maybe the site is down because he is finally fixing the forum issue?

it ain't much hope, but...
    LC

8. Low_Boy

With the schematics and service manuals gone that will hurt a lot of us that like to repair radios. Hopefully he is getting it up and running.

Staybolt likes this.
  9. TM86

TM86 I fix what the snake breaks

There's a few of us that pulled as much data off cbtricks as we could. I think I've got the schematics and service manuals that were publicly accessible in an archive on my system. If the worst has come to pass and cbtricks is gone for good, we may still be able to get some of the data back onto the web.

10. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

The cbtricks.com server is down. My web site is off line and it won't let me log in to my admin account. It's hosted on the same dedicated server.

Last time this happened, Bennie shut the server down in response to a brute-force attack. Somebody was trying to access the the admin account.

Simply shutting it down removes the risk of a breach. The attention span of the typical script kiddie fades in a day or so, and the server is reactivated.

Well, that's how it played the last few times.

Here's hoping it comes back soon. Not like my web site is a traffic monster, but It's nice to have it running.

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.
  11. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

I think there is a mirror site somewhere if anyone has the link please share.

12. sp5it

sp5it Master of puppets

I can publish it via torrent network or mega.nz if needed. 8.78GB of data.
    Mike

13. Low_Boy

A sad day for radio enthusiasts around the world.

sp5it likes this.
  14. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

Oh crap. I thought I was the only one and it was all thanks to Spectrum and their high speed BS magic show.

Sad. Indeed.

If you have the site on disk, the supporter disk, is it possible to set up a home server and share it as a website?

15. kopcicle

kopcicle Sr. Member

Night have to look into to that Mike, My mirror is stale , lost or incomplete.

Dennis