• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CBradiomagazine.com has been Launched !!

cbradiomagazine.com

2008 - 2014 / Pau Hana
Jan 3, 2007
Just wanted everyone to know that after some hard work the first issue is online.

CBradiomagazine.com

Hope everyone enjoys it - hopefully we'll have a new issue up every month to support our hobby.

73's

Blackwater Brew

where are the cb's? all i saw were export radios with the exception of the cobra... a review of a k-30 antenna? :eek:
hard hitting stuff there, i recommend it to all my truck driving buddies...

Quote:

where are the cb's? all i saw were export radios with the exception of the cobra... a review of a k-30 antenna?

Well - I intend to include more CB reviews, but I can only throw so much in each issue. It's a one man show so if you have any articles that you've written that you think will be more valuable I'll be happy to include them in the February edition.

Or if you have any particular suggestions for topics you'd like to see covered please let me know.

I included the K30 review since I had just picked one up and it was fresh in my mind. I have a couple of people who are going to submit some other antenna reviews, one which will be a technical comparison of the 10K vs 102" SS.

The magazine will include reviews of exports as well as CB's since they are commonplace in the CB hobby.

I'm not a tech or anything so the magazine isn't supposed to be a source for major radio theory information, I'm just trying to write some articles that I think people might find entertaining to read.

Quote:
This website is purely for entertainment purposes and contains no factual information

The disclaimer on the site is there because the FCC shut down a similar website a number of years ago for doing open reviews and articles about banned activites and equipment.

May I suggest.....

Get rid of the black border. It makes it look dark and uninviting.

Get rid of the advertising on the top of the page. It makes your page look less than professional. You are hosting on GoDaddy which is an excellent hosting service, you don't need advertising......unless you are looking for the $$$$ instead of providing content.

Fix the links!

You market the website here, but you advertise for the CB Radio Forum. It appears you are site is directly tied to them.

Your two archived articles about the 140GTL and the Omega Force are nothing more than a re-listing of the specs on the box, and your opinions. There is no substance to your articles. Also, who are YOU? You talk about you but the reader has no idea who YOU are. Maybe some history about yourself would give some validity to your articles. Without it, its just another opinion giving blog spot. I think you want more.

At this point, there is nothing that would make me want to return month after month. You have a long way to go.

I know this sounds harsh. It is. You put this site up and asked us to go check it out. I did. If you want a pat on the back, you'll need to step it up a HUGE notch.

Want an example of a class CB site?
http://www.cbgazette.com/gaz2.html
I don't like the current HTML of this page, but it is informative and fun.

Lastly, blow out Micro$oft Frontpage. It is a horrible HTML program! I do see that the "simple" format links work.

The advice is much appreciated.

I'm a newbie at web design and have no formal training. I'm trying to teach myself Dreamweaver as well as basic HTML. I wrote the article and built the site all in one day, so hopefully it will get better as I have more time.

I'm sorry if you didn't find any value in the articles, as stated before IT IS more of a blog, it's not supposed to be anything professional as I'm just your everyday average CB user.

There are plenty of tech's out there who have writen very detailed articles about radios and the hobby, but no one really does any monthly articles about CB anymore so I thought it would be nice for people to have more choices for our hobby.

As I said before, there are a lot of people more knowledgable than me in radio so if anyone wants to contribute anything it would be greatly appreciated.

At the very least maybe my site will encourage some of the other former people such as CB gazette to start writing again.

I wish someone would print a magazine like S-9 again or something.

good job brew!! I posted up on the other one but the post got yanked because it contained links to other sights or something. Anyhow, good job, nice and simple and to the point!! I thought it looked good.

Some like hot dogs with relish, some like with chili, and some just don't like.
For a site that is free and without sbscription, I think it's good.

First off, I like the direction you are heading.

Sometimes less is more when it comes to webpage design. I prefer Dreamweaver MX/2004 myself and have been using Dreamweaver for several years now. I would suggest a page for upcoming events, or articles, and in the news.

One thing I see deficient in most CB sites (not forums no esigesis please) are the following:

Proper Grounding (RF vs Electrical)
Antenna principles
Electronic terminology
RF Safety
Truth vs. Myth (the old wives tales)
Wire routing and shack setup
Electrical Safety

I concur a lighter page may help (nothing against black) but one thing is for sure, as a webpage designer myself, you can never please everyone.

I also concur a little bio would be a nice addition. I would like to write a few articles for your site sometime in the next few months.

My PM or email is always open if you need some pointers for Dreamweaver and HTML. I could also (time permitting) help with some graphics (Photoshop CS) if you would like.

On the reviews it would be nice to have a rating system which consisted of either stars (1 through 5) or thumbs (1-3 thumbs up or down). I am a harsh critic of CB radios myself and I have worked as a lead RF technician for companies such as Valor, Para Dynamics, Vectronics, and Palstar.

Let me know if you need any further help. Contact me via PM and maybe we can share some ideas.

Again I like the direction you are headed with the website. Who knows maybe you can get into print sometime soon?

cbradiomagazine.com said:
Quote:

where are the cb's? all i saw were export radios with the exception of the cobra... a review of a k-30 antenna?

Well - I intend to include more CB reviews, but I can only throw so much in each issue. It's a one man show so if you have any articles that you've written that you think will be more valuable I'll be happy to include them in the February edition.

Or if you have any particular suggestions for topics you'd like to see covered please let me know.

I included the K30 review since I had just picked one up and it was fresh in my mind. I have a couple of people who are going to submit some other antenna reviews, one which will be a technical comparison of the 10K vs 102" SS.

The magazine will include reviews of exports as well as CB's since they are commonplace in the CB hobby.

I'm not a tech or anything so the magazine isn't supposed to be a source for major radio theory information, I'm just trying to write some articles that I think people might find entertaining to read.

Quote:
This website is purely for entertainment purposes and contains no factual information

The disclaimer on the site is there because the FCC shut down a similar website a number of years ago for doing open reviews and articles about banned activites and equipment.

That is a load of hogwash!
The Fcc can not shut down a site. This one would be gone
a long time ago, if that was the case.

I just read the disclaimer... Interesting indeed. Maybe put in for educational purposes only instead of non-factual?

;)
A webhost can shut you down if you post about illegal activities if it is in their agreement contract during the signup process. Some webhosts are more nonindulgent than others...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.