• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CHANNEL 16/SSB

Seems like a few months ago we tried to have a "call day", I think it was on a Sat afternoon.

We should do the same thing on 16 some Sat. with a predetermined time frame

Just thinking out loud here....................

Reactions: 222DBFL and camaro1
Agreed there hayseed, I threw a time out for Saturday and a few members got on, is 6-8pm est. Saturday's for everyone? If not throw some different times in and we can tally up to see what the best time would be. I'm game for it! I will say this, the Mexican skip on am just knocked me out of rhe game lol, 5-7 s-units of Mexican, If I spoke Spanish I would have been making a bunch of contacts lol. But seriously, I'll give it another go. So anyone else, name a good time for Saturday and we will decide when we can get on. I have chosen 6-8pm est. God bless and 73's.

Works for me. The 8-1 0am time frame has been strong with UK, Ireland, Germany etc. for me.
But what ever is the most popular time frame is good for me.

heard some one about 7 pm est say cq a few times then nothing but am spanish skip........still hanging in there from about 6 to 8 pm est............

While 11 meter CB isn't as popular as it once was, there's more SSB traffic nowadays than there was in the Golden days. Pile ups on 38LSB - like there was earlier today - were almost unheard of. Today's SSB traffic almost forces us to use LSB38 exclusively as a hailing frequency. Otherwise, there's just too much clutter. Folks who use it to converse can easily tie up the channel for others coast to coast. I would suggest that we should be pushing the practice that parties should QSY elsewhere to minimize the clutter on LSB38.

LSB16 was the hailing frequency of the day. Today, it could serve either as an alternative to LSB38 for hailing or as a channel to go to to continue your QSO. The effort on this thread was more along the lines of a hailing frequency. Either option makes plenty of sense.

Is there a continued interest here in trying to revive LSB16?

Reactions: camaro1
like me,,, the idea of lsb 16 is for the fellow cbers who have and use 23 channel ssb radios that are not molested... that is the way it has been for a few years now. there is a lot of collectors with the old 23 channel cbs who gather there in the evenings hoping to talk for a while. but remember it is not just for the 23 channel crowd it is for whoever wants on.....

222DBFL and Hayseed supported the Saturday LSB revival idea. This upcoming Saturday is October 4th. How appropriate: to select 10/4 as the day for CBers to try to communicate.

The original time slot suggested by 222DBFL was 6:00P.M. to 8:00P.M. eastern. Everyone good with that?

Reactions: midnight special

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?