• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 18 WX ST II (don’t laugh)

Cats out da box now, Jim :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well, I almost ordered one. Again, I just need/want something to talk across town without every other reply being, "Come again?"
Truth is. . . oh gosh this is hard. Wish there was some smaller print than this:
I ordered the KL60. :whistle:

There I had to get that in larger print and contrasting color to see it.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Now.....it really wasn't much more for the 203........:(

If you had gotten a 503, you'd be walk'n and talk'n......Bump'n it Down on da Bowl;)

Hands were tied. My antenna's matching unit is the Chameleon Hybrid Micro. It is rated 100 watts max SSB and 50 Watts CW/AM. :(

Reactions: binrat
Hands were tied. My antenna's matching unit is the Chameleon Hybrid Micro. It is rated 100 watts max SSB and 50 Watts CW/AM. :(
Ummm.....don't need match for 11m and 108" total length of antenna. Guess another hole is in order.....can run ya a stealth dipole. Maybe antenna behind the rain gutter. Woody 202 was telling me about doing that few weeks back.

Ummm.....don't need match for 11m and 108" total length of antenna. Guess another hole is in order.....can run ya a stealth dipole. Maybe antenna behind the rain gutter. Woody 202 was telling me about doing that few weeks back.

Rain gutter is aluminum. Wreaks havoc with antennas in close proximity.
And another hole means another coax, another antenna mast, and another antenna.

Have a new mic coming for the 980. It’s red in color and has a caricature of Mephistopheles on it. :cool:

Reactions: Slowmover
Rain gutter is aluminum. Wreaks havoc with antennas in close proximity.
And another hole means another coax, another antenna mast, and another antenna.

Have a new mic coming for the 980. It’s red in color and has a caricature of Mephistopheles on it. :cool:

Doctor Faustus, do you think that is necessary? Summoning up German Demons for the sake of better articulation?

I'm pretty sure the problem is not in the mouth piece, seems to be that lizard antenna ain't quite the match and not at a gud height.

Reactions: Slowmover
Doctor Faustus, do you think that is necessary? Summoning up German Demons for the sake of better articulation?

I'm pretty sure the problem is not in the mouth piece, seems to be that lizard antenna ain't quite the match and not at a gud height.

Now that I’m only using a steel whip atop a 5-inch Hybrid Micro atop a 3-foot tripod and one wire radial, I am in full stealth mode. :cautious: Meanwhile my SWR on 11 meters is flatter’n one of Joe’s pancakes down at the diner, AND I can still play ham on 6-40 meters. (y) Throw in a devilish mic and an Italian mystery box (albeit a puny one) and all is right with the world. :p

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.