• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 2000 GTL SOLD ON eBay FOR $900.00

He should show a screen shot of the paypal transaction not the sold sign.
I love the status of the radio "For parts or not working" on the ad. A futile attempt using
artificial bidding to drive the price up.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 10042016 - 09:41:13 AM.png
    Screenshot - 10042016 - 09:41:13 AM.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
What I find amusing the most, is the "custom" modifications (radio bling bling) that made him popular and well known take absolutely no technical skill to perform.

99% of truckers could install nitro knobs and a decal for the faceplate, and they now have a wicked-snake or something mobile radio..
Maybe it's all voodoo for the uninformed though...
I suppose it would take some level of skill for the "super trucker echo" install, but we all know how "hard" an echo board is to install.

Shaking my head... $900. :ROFLMAO:
I asked myself "how many bids came from the snake charmer himself"?

Last edited:
If it was a radio passed down from a deceased family member and had sentimental value I could understand "spending more than it is worth".

But a random eBay find? No way!!

Reactions: Unit 194
It was "restored" by the guy that sold it. That said I would still never spend $900 on a glorified Cobra 148 w freq counter, speaker, alarm clock and average power supply. I recently purchased a like New base station 40Ch SSB built much better than the Cobra 2000 ever was in terms of components used, design, rf shielding, etc....It does not have a clock or freq counter built in but I can get a clock if I need one for less than $9 or use my $29 cell phone, laptop, computer or one of the many clocks in my home. I spent $140 including shipping. It arrived at my home 1400 miles away from the point of sale 2 days after I paid for it well packaged.

You could get one heck of a nice gently used but older all mode HF+ rig for $900. You could purchase a life time supply of high end tubes for $900 assuming you know how to use a tube amplifier.

I have 3 boys I could buy them each a nice 40CH SSB mobile with freq counter, antenna's for mobile use and LMR 400 coax for them all and be under $900. So put into perspective $900 for a single base station unit for CB is shocking!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.