• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 2000 GTL SOLD ON eBay FOR $900.00

Obviously, one could buy a high quality used ham radio for that price.
Some people just have expendable income and will purchase it, not knowing that or just not caring about it.

and 75.00 shipping. not like screwing the gut twice. shipping should be 25 at the most. keep screwing people your a fraud and a jerk tim

Reactions: 222DBFL and Grogan
The seller is not the bad guy here(well he is but not in the vein of my post), he merely placed an add for a product. The problem here are the buyers who willing bid on something. Whether or not he "bid up" the price or not someone else bid on this and allowed the price to get this high. Hell he may not have actually sold it, he could in fact be the high bidder and screwed himself out of money. This is basic problem with Ebay and other auction sites.

d
Obviously, one could buy a high quality used ham radio for that price.
Some people just have expendable income and will purchase it, not knowing that or just not caring about it.

One CAN buy a NEW high quality ham radio for less that that with free shipping! I'd be very surprised if there were no shill bids placed to get people in "auction frenzy" mode.

Makes me want to box-up my Cobra 2K and stick it on ebay...Heck, I have 3 speakers for it! Use 2 and have one for a spare... I'll even throw in a Cobra CA-60 desk mic with it!

and ship it for $45 to your door.

ON SALE NOW at the low-low-price of just $899.

Reactions: jon666 and 222DBFL
if you knew tim. you would know he is a jackass and a fraud.

The seller is not the bad guy here(well he is but not in the vein of my post), he merely placed an add for a product. The problem here are the buyers who willing bid on something. Whether or not he "bid up" the price or not someone else bid on this and allowed the price to get this high. Hell he may not have actually sold it, he could in fact be the high bidder and screwed himself out of money. This is basic problem with Ebay and other auction sites.

You would also need one of those lights that blink to the beat of the music, and maybe a lava lamp...beads hanging in the doorway of your radio room too...

i understand what your saying. i have had dealings with snake radio.
he burned up my radio. and said i did it.but i saw him burn it up on youtube. if your going to burn up a radio. dont post it on youtube

Reactions: Grogan
W9 gets it. It's the buyer that just has to have it or has to outbid someone else. It happens all the time with cars, some guy who doesn't know which way to turn a screwdriver at the auto auction gets his macho on and buys the corvette, but then again it's his money to squander. They also do it with motor homes and women.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.