• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 2000 GTL SOLD ON eBay FOR $900.00

He should show a screen shot of the paypal transaction not the sold sign.
I love the status of the radio "For parts or not working" on the ad. A futile attempt using
artificial bidding to drive the price up.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 10042016 - 09:41:13 AM.png
    Screenshot - 10042016 - 09:41:13 AM.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
What I find amusing the most, is the "custom" modifications (radio bling bling) that made him popular and well known take absolutely no technical skill to perform.

99% of truckers could install nitro knobs and a decal for the faceplate, and they now have a wicked-snake or something mobile radio..
Maybe it's all voodoo for the uninformed though...
I suppose it would take some level of skill for the "super trucker echo" install, but we all know how "hard" an echo board is to install.

Shaking my head... $900. :ROFLMAO:
I asked myself "how many bids came from the snake charmer himself"?

Last edited:
If it was a radio passed down from a deceased family member and had sentimental value I could understand "spending more than it is worth".

But a random eBay find? No way!!

Reactions: Unit 194
It was "restored" by the guy that sold it. That said I would still never spend $900 on a glorified Cobra 148 w freq counter, speaker, alarm clock and average power supply. I recently purchased a like New base station 40Ch SSB built much better than the Cobra 2000 ever was in terms of components used, design, rf shielding, etc....It does not have a clock or freq counter built in but I can get a clock if I need one for less than $9 or use my $29 cell phone, laptop, computer or one of the many clocks in my home. I spent $140 including shipping. It arrived at my home 1400 miles away from the point of sale 2 days after I paid for it well packaged.

You could get one heck of a nice gently used but older all mode HF+ rig for $900. You could purchase a life time supply of high end tubes for $900 assuming you know how to use a tube amplifier.

I have 3 boys I could buy them each a nice 40CH SSB mobile with freq counter, antenna's for mobile use and LMR 400 coax for them all and be under $900. So put into perspective $900 for a single base station unit for CB is shocking!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned