• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 2000 GTL SOLD ON eBay FOR $900.00

For $900 I could get a nice mobile setup

Peaked tuned radio $125 to $175

148F
PC 787
Uniden Grant XL

400w to 500w amplifer $300 to $400

10k 12" shaft dual coil mount and better coax for $140 to $165

2000 GTL is worth $275 stock with a good microphone Snakes work done on this radio is not worth $600+ more like $275 to $350

Shoot for $900 you can get a brand new HF radio man! Read post 26 by Yeti Comm LTD. Too
Many other very nice radios to be had!!!!

Reactions: LeapFrog
Shoot for $900 you can get a brand new HF radio man! Read post 26 by Yeti Comm LTD. Too
Many other very nice radios to be had!!!!
Truly, it is a Serious Shame That no-one Manufactures a New 4 watt
SSB capable or not
Citizens Band Type Certified Base Station These Days, ..I Keep Looking!

Found this guys, I guess it's legit certified, still not up to old school Uniden standards though I would guess and it might have crappy filters and China made junk throughout the chassis (I don't know)

Last edited:
Reactions: 222DBFL
I believe so. They are still making the DX2547. Just a quick seardh yielded prices being about $300 or a little less new. I saw 299 on Amazon. I'm sure if you shop about some too can find one cheaper. But yes they still make them. The DX2547 base station. Here is link to page from Amazon.
Amazon product ASIN B002LMIQQUHope this helps. Have a good one. Never used one of these, I am sure they do fine on AM. Might drift some on SSB. Don't know.

I don't know how well that radio will work on SSB. Might be fine for AM. It I am just not too keen on SSB performance! Rather buy a uniden 980 and small PS!! Be less money in the end too. But some like them. They are good for AM use or most Galaxy radios I have used are anyways. They are loud and clear radios on AM when setup right! But I've not been very impressed with SSB on them!! JMHO's.

Reactions: LeapFrog

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.