• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capt , My Grandfather came here from Rumuski ( Spelling ) Canada . So I have a whole lot of French in me ! ;):) I must say we have a lot of Stupid People here in the US ! My state ( RI ) stated we must wear a mask in public as of 4/18/20 . I needed to go to CVS this Am for my Rx's , I can't tell you how many Dumb A-holes I saw w/ out masks ! 50 percent were people older than me ( I'm 66 ) . You can't fix STUPID ! No matter what country you live in . Must sat it Disgusted me ! Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo
Is that a "Mandatory" by the State? Or are ya'll following the "recommendations" from Fed? Some states do not have "Mandatory" as they are not as infectious.

Reactions: 357magnum
Capt , My Grandfather came here from Rumuski ( Spelling ) Canada . So I have a whole lot of French in me ! ;):) I must say we have a lot of Stupid People here in the US ! My state ( RI ) stated we must wear a mask in public as of 4/18/20 . I needed to go to CVS this Am for my Rx's , I can't tell you how many Dumb A-holes I saw w/ out masks ! 50 percent were people older than me ( I'm 66 ) . You can't fix STUPID ! No matter what country you live in . Must sat it Disgusted me ! Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

I agree. Up here it is now HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to wear masks of some sort when going out. I see people wearing everything from N95 masks to a simple scarf around their face. The ultimate was the other day in the grocery store. I was dumbfounded when I saw a woman with a home made mask on and it obviously showed on my face as I stared at her in disbelief while she looked down at her list. Suddenly she looked up and in a snarky way asked "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?". Now bare in mind I have been having some troubles lately brought on my 44 months of 24/7 pain that ultimately lead to depression. There I can say it now. DEPRESSION. As such my filter has developed rather large holes in it and sometimes words slip out when they shouldn't. I immediately and without thinking said "STUPIDITY". It went downhill from there ending when I informed her in no uncertain terms that the mask should cover her mouth AND nose. Yup. It ended on her upper lip with her nose fully exposed. I have been off work since April 8 which was my last day for an indefinite time period. Before I left I checked my locker and found two new N95 masks which I brought home. Might be time to put them to use and properly clean them after each use.

attachment.php

I agree. Up here it is now HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to wear masks of some sort when going out. I see people wearing everything from N95 masks to a simple scarf around their face. The ultimate was the other day in the grocery store. I was dumbfounded when I saw a woman with a home made mask on and it obviously showed on my face as I stared at her in disbelief while she looked down at her list. Suddenly she looked up and in a snarky way asked "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?". Now bare in mind I have been having some troubles lately brought on my 44 months of 24/7 pain that ultimately lead to depression. There I can say it now. DEPRESSION. As such my filter has developed rather large holes in it and sometimes words slip out when they shouldn't. I immediately and without thinking said "STUPIDITY". It went downhill from there ending when I informed her in no uncertain terms that the mask should cover her mouth AND nose. Yup. It ended on her upper lip with her nose fully exposed. I have been off work since April 8 which was my last day for an indefinite time period. Before I left I checked my locker and found two new N95 masks which I brought home. Might be time to put them to use and properly clean them after each use.
Here I thought you were going to say her mask was made from a bra.

Met a Gentleman in a local Grocery Store on a food run , I thought it was " Creative " but must have been un-comfortable . He had 2 Coffee Filters w/ Lips drawn on the front ( said that was his Xyl's idea ) w/ those metal " Squeeze Type Paper Clip " attached to rubber bands attached to his loop earrings ! Yup ! Not going there , but " Creative " :whistle::LOL: . Red here they have signs , " No Masks , No Service ! " but I see way too many not wearing them . Just Yesterday someone started a thread on a local site looking for Sympathy as they got asked to leave a Local Dollar Store because of this , they started a scene & got banned from the store ! After @ 186 comments on this topic the admin finally shut it down . " Sympathy " we all know where they say it lands in the Dictionary ( I'm sure it's not true ) but you get it . ;) Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo Ps above all .... Be Smart !

Healthcare Workers Give Cops Corona-Positive Patients’ Addresses; Judge Says the Infected Can be Arrested
https://www.thenewamerican.com/usne...esses-judge-says-the-infected-can-be-arrested

Democrat governors and mayors are going nuts with power. The pandemic panic has them turning into King George IIIs. He had an excuse. He was mentally ill.

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2020/04/stir-crazy.html?utm_source=whatfinger

Should We Be Worried About Our Rights?
https://videos.whatfinger.com/2020/...rried-about-our-rights/?utm_source=whatfinger

Last edited:
I had been prescribed hydroxyquinolone for the treatment of Giardia many years ago. Got infected with if from my tropical fish tank. You wouldn't want a case of Giardia, lest you find yourself stapled to the toilet for weeks on end. Absolutely No Fun.

While not the same compound as Hydroxychloroquine, it carries the same risks as many quinine products do. Quinine water uses the extract from the bark of the the Cinchona tree, and that was also used to treat Malaria before the drug was created from it. The English used the quinine water to mix with Gin and lime to concoct the famous and very bitter cocktail drink called 'Gin and Tonic'.

Sure you have all heard of that?
Or; what about:
". . Curiously Refreshing . . . Schwepps Tonic Water . . ."
Yeah, it is sooo unsafe that it is a food product!
Imagine that . . .

But to call it unsafe or untested in a human population is not being honest; no surprise there. Countless millions of doses over eight decades has proven it to be safe with little side effects, well tolerated, and the contraindications are well documented.
The press are just out of their minds, as usual . . . and they want your company . . .

Last edited:
I'm not so sure if the controversy of using Hydroxychloroquine is that it is unsafe, because it is used not only for malaria but also rheumatoid arthritis so it is inherently safe, but rather the suitability of using it to combat this virus and what the possible side effects may be with someone severely compromised by it. Not debating just saying I am not so sure of the controversy around it.

Reactions: 357magnum
I'm not so sure if the controversy of using Hydroxychloroquine is that it is unsafe, because it is used not only for malaria but also rheumatoid arthritis so it is inherently safe, but rather the suitability of using it to combat this virus and what the possible side effects may be with someone severely compromised by it. Not debating just saying I am not so sure of the controversy around it.
It is also indicated for use with systemic lupus erythematosus and other autoimmune diseases. Chloroquine is generally a very safe medication. Very old and trusted drug.

In fact, those with autoimmune disease often have organ damage. Quinine products are a little hard on the kidneys; that is the one contraindication that I recall ATM. So if a physician still prescribes hydroxy.... for SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus) despite some kidney damage already present; then they feel it is worth the risk vs benefit.

The MSM is just having kittens because the FDA hasn't fully approved the medication because there hasn't been enough testing for it with the corona virus. But even the FDA had released a recent statement, that it is up to the physician and the patient to make the choice for use. So the MSM wants to omit that info - again; not surprising - to build a 'wall of sound' that only takes their stance. What else is new?

Last edited:

Long-term illness has effects not bargained for “after cure”.

Is what happens when they switch the lights back on. The room is different.

Hell, I’m that way all the time. After serious dis-ease, other aspects of one’s personality gain prominence. Takes time to optimize. Brain got re-wired.

Switching thru world-lines is simply adeptness. Embrace it.

When the going gets tough
The Weird turn pro.

Welcome to the big leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.