• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Covid Cooking- Culinary Cuisine

20200408_164527.jpg

Redbeard's Skillet Spaghetti

Yes all in da skillet.
Brown your meat. I prefer this....
20200408_164610.jpg

Remember, this is Covid Cooking closest we've gotten to proverbial SHTF cooking!

Two cans, best sliced and browned, I like it a little crispy, adds texture.
Add your favorite spices....garlic, onion, bell pepper, and whatever else you desire.
Add favorite spaghetti sauce, plenty of water, you will be adding more.
Simmer for 20 minutes.
Drop in 2 pounds of preferred "spaghetti noodles " let simmer, what you don't burn it too much, though that adds interesting texture and flavor.
Add more water, because the noodles soaked up all the water.
Simmer some more.
Turn to low heat, let sit, all those juices and spices must get infused into the entire dish.
Set the dining room table, light the romantic candles, and enjoy!

Red , " You Da' Man " ! Did you make that Pecan Pie ? One of my favorites ! The Ice Cream another bonus ! (y) Not sure on the Dog Food , but I'm getting a little tired of Deer , but try to vary our meals , only have it 2-3 x's a week . Almost one Deer gone except the sausage , I savor that ! It cost me some $'s to have that made from my guy . I talked w/ my hunting buddy , next year going to try a whole " Youngin' " grind the whole thing , buy the spices & make it ourselves . Years back we bought that special " Butcher Knife set " , just to easy to send it up the road & for $40 they do it for you . It's that addictive Sausage that kill$'s us ! :LOL: Also can't leave Ralph out of this ! He's addicted to " Turkey Spam " & that Coffee ... Way to cool ! Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 , Leo

I have only attempted one pecan pie ever. Didn't survive the process, that is one of the fifty cent pies from Walmart. The Butter Pecan Icecream, unfortunately is not Blue Bell:(, I got the HEB brand for less.

Wanting to try that Turkey Spam, have tried the Real Bacon Spam. Doesn't taste any different. Though I prefer to fry in bacon grease when possible. Would by actuall lard, but they jacked up the price so bad. Shortening just ain't worth it.

Got to get out my cornbread makings soon. Hope I have enough, no plans to go into Covid for anything for weeks. This Chinese Virus is extremely disappointing, but I usually don't go off the reservation for weeks, unless working and that leaves but sleeping here. A bit of a hermit I guess.:LOL:

Red , This " Swamp Yankee " made Corn Bread from scratch the other day , need to " Tweak " it but it was OK . I don't have the Southern Fixin's you & Ralph can get , makes me jealous , but I try ! Ralph said " Grits" I couldn't find them in my store , they have them Iv'e bought/eaten them but out of stock . Nothing wrong w/ a store bought pie ! I get them often .;) When local " Super Walmart " opened up , Blue Bell was the cheapest Ice Cream in the store , no more big $'s here ! It must have caught on , that's good :censored: . Ralph & You , as far as Spam ? 66 years old " I love Spam " in RI ( & I just asked my wife ) NEVER saw anything but regular Spam in our stores ! Go Figure ? Guess we need to move South sooner than we thought ! I can't miss out on Spam ! :ROFLMAO: Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 , Leo

Grits different than corn meal. Still ground corn but different. Not as fine as meal. Cook grits in pot with milk or water and butter. Bring it to a boil and keep stirring steadily for about 10 minutes. When it gets thick ready to eat. Little salt, black pepper, and more butter. Good stuff. Hot sauce like Texas Pete or Frank’s makes’em even better. Tabasco...meh.

Might have to send some corn meal and grits to RI. :D

Just Pm'd Ralph & told him .. " I need to find that Corn Bread Mix " !:LOL: I'll look on-line that stuff sounds awesome ! I know my buddy Ralph would $hip me some , but that bag ain't light ! I probably can find it on-line shipped free to local Wally World . Btw , only Frank's used here .:) But I need to put this out there ... WTF are Chicken Backs ? Iv'e got one hell of & imagination , I could Google this ( just might ) but now I think you guys are :censored:ing w/ me .:ROFLMAO: Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.